-88-

L O S T . I N . L O V E .

robot au pt 2

Third Person POV

Cold, blue light floods the flickering eyes of a sleeping man on a medical bed. He stirs to consciousness, a visible gulp in his throat as he scans the room with a dazed stare. It's some sort of hospital room, a messy one at that. By the looks of it, it had been abandoned once, paperwork crumpled on the floor, tools scattered across the counters. But not a single person.

Jungkook rubbed his eyes, and attempted to activate the detection function on his cameras, but there was no response. In fact, all of his systems seemed to be down. How could that be possible when he was fully awake?

He grabbed at his neck, feeling for the panel to his software pad. There is no groove in the skin, no slight hardened line for him to dig under. The panel is gone.

In fact, Jungkook feels like much of him has gone. He feels lighter, airier, more raw. 

He doesn't remember the words he spoke before going unconscious. Doesn't remember of confessions of love, of promises of life. 

A flickering thought comes to his mind. At first it seems unthinkable, but then plausible. Carefully, Jungkook draws the dagger from the pocket on the leg of his jumpsuit. He runs the cool blade over his finger, which feels colder than usual. With a gentle press, Jungkook cuts himself on the sharp edge. 

Blood.

Beady, red droplets of blood form at his fingertips. An unthinkably painful stinging sensation shoots through Jungkook's veins, and with a yelp he cries out, "Help! Help!" 

A bang at the door, a beep of the locked keypad, and someone comes rushing in. A flash of white hair, Taehyung. He dashes to Jungkook's side, and envelops him into a tight hug. Jungkook finds himself unable to fight back, and allows himself to lay limp in Tae's arms, chest heaving as he struggled to breath from the shock, eyes wide and staring at his injured finger. 

"Hey, hey, calm down," Taehyung assures, gently rubbing his sides. "You silly baby, did you really think hurting yourself was a good idea? Hm?" 

Jungkook's lips tremble, wincing at the foreign feeling of pain. 

"Shut up," He shoots back shakily. "What happened to me?"

Taehyung's face remains calm, as he tears a strip of cloth from his shirt and begins bandaging the finger, dabbing the blood away with a tissue.

"After your circuits shut down, I carried you to the nearest Rebellion camp. They sent for the engineers, and for days they worked on you, trying to drain the machine out of you and give you life." 

He motioned to the broken parts of metal and silicon work strewn around the room.

"That's everything they took out of you."

Jungkook tried to manage a sharp inhale. God, to see what was once his system, his core, now junk on a cold floor. And for the sake of what? Pain? Hurt?

He looks up into Taehyung's eyes, and suddenly none of it matters anymore.

Perhaps... for the sake of love?

The confessions Tae made come flooding to mind, like a tidal wave of warmth. A reassuring stroke, a comforting whisper weaving through his hair. Jungkook holds onto him a little tighter, a little closer. Pressed against his chest, he is startled to feel the beating pulse of a heart. Curious, he traces his fingers against Tae's ribs, feeling the vibrations ripple through his fingertips.

"You have one too," Taehyung encourages softly. "Go on, feel for it."

With a nervous gulp, Jungkook places a steady hand on his own chest. Sure enough, he feels subtle pumping of his... his heart. His very own heart. He lets out a little gasp of joy and the beat races a little faster.

He lifts his excited gaze to meet Taehyung's, and realises he's gone very shy and quiet. His eyes dart nervously from the top of his head to the crook of his legs folded up on the clinical bed. With a crackle, he clears his throat.

"I-I don't know if you, um, remember," He stutters. "What happened before you went unconscious?"

Jungkook smiles coyly.

"What? Your lovesick proclamation of adoration for little old me?" He teases. "I may have just gone from mechanically controlled to a living, breathing human being, but I sure haven't lost my moxy."

Taehyung laughs. Jungkook can't help noticing that the robotic tinge in the back of his throat has gone. Now his laughter is as clear as bells ringing on a summer day.

"Still as spunky as ever," He chuckles. "I'm glad you're still the same."

The giggles subside, and now the air is awkward again. It doesn't help that their bodies are intertwined, arms tangled like wires, Jungkook draping over Taehyung like a sloth on a tree branch. 

"So-uh-what do I do now?" Jungkook speaks up first, piercing the silence like a sword through cloth. 

"Well, given your training background both mentally and physically, I'm sure the Leaders will find you useful," Tae babbles quickly. "You're smart and witty and quick-worded, maybe you'll be promoted to a general or-"

"No, I didn't mean what I'd do, for a living, no," Jungkook interrupts. "Do I have to register in anything? Input my data into a computer?"

Taehyung shakes his head with a smile.

"No, Jungkook. You're a human being now."

Jungkook tilts his head, eyes glittering like they were filled with questions.

"You just live."

Live.

Not quite something he had expected to ever do. Unbeknownst to him, a smile stretches across Jungkook's lips. Before he can take another deep dive into his thoughts, Taehyung cuts him off with a kiss, and his mind goes blank.

Soft, Jungkook thinks. I want more.

"W-what was that?" He says, embarrassed, as visible from the pink flush seeping through his skin. 

Taehyung echoes his fluster, blushing in response, but cockily raising an eyebrow like the laidback hottie he is.

"I believe they call it a kiss." 

Jungkook grins, pulling further away from him, eyes still staring deep.

"What does this, 'kiss', do?" 

Taehyung grips him by the waist, and forcefully keeps him close by.

"Nothing."

Jungkook smirks, and slides his arms around the latter's neck, until their lips are a breath away. 

Dear God, this new sensation felt good, so good, he wanted more. He wanted to shriek and scream and demand for more. 

"How useless," He sighs, puckering his lips. "Do it again."

(a/n: IM SORRY FOR PROCRASTINATING ITS TEST SEASON AGAIN :C Thank u guys so much for being so supportive <3 I don't know any of u guys but yall are still the best people i've ever come across :D 

I'm gonna be bold and drop my Snap: n_tasha229

THANKS FOR SO MANY READS AND VOTES

STAY HEALTHY AND SAFE 

#STOPASIANHATE)