-81-

ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴅᴏɢ ʟᴏᴠᴇs ʏᴏᴜ <3

vet au (suggested by v_kook_bang)  

Taehyung POV

The sun just about dips into the curves of the mountains in the horizon, when I prepare to lock up the clinic and go home for a well deserved weekend. I stretch my arms and yawn, as I approach the front door, key in hand, just about to flip over the "Closed" sign, when-

"Sir!"

I snap to attention, and look up to lock eyes with a breathless stranger running up to me, holding a fluffy white Maltese in his arms. He stops abruptly in front of me, panting and leaning on the edge of the door frame to catch his breath. 

"Please, sir, I know you're past working hours, but I beg you," He pleads, thrusting the scruffy looking dog out at me. "I think my dog is sick."

It seems my judgement has proved correct. I sigh, and glance at the watch on my wrist, and then at the sickly looking dog in the boy's arms. Guess dinner will have to wait.

"Fine," I agree, holding the door open. "Come inside, I'll take a look at him."

-

"Your dog is slightly bloated around his gut area," I confirm, pulling off my gloves. "He'll be fine, but he needs some rest and a change to his diet."

The boy clasps his hands together in relief, pursing his lips in a satisfied sigh. I can't help smiling when I see his grin. He has a contagious smile, and I like it.

"Thank you so much," He beams childishly. "Whats your name?"

"I'm Taehyung," I reply with a slight smile. "You?"

He blushes, or at least I think he does, when I see a subtle pink flush his cheeks. He hugs his arms to his torso, and lets out a little, "Jungkook."

I nod thoughtfully, letting the cute name linger in my head for a while. I put out my hand to stroke the little white dog, and he yaps and nuzzles into my palm happily. 

"What about this little guy?" I ask.

"Gureum," Jungkook answers. "Our family dog."

I watch as Gureum shuffles around the counter top, before bumbling into his owner's arms and licking him all over. Jungkook laughs, and tries his best to tear him away, failing miserably as he tumbles onto the clinic floor. 

With a chuckle, I bend down and offer him my hand to pull himself back to his feet. When he takes it, it's warmer than I thought. I'm not sure why his body heats surprises me, but it does, and my face heats up just the same.

"Well, um, I'll be closing up now," I cough, retracting my hand and shoving it deep into my jacket pocket. "You should get going too."

Jungkook nods, his head lowered so his dark wavy bangs cascade like vines over his eyes. Something burning within me wants to reach out and brush them aside. Instead I stay controlled, and clear my throat as what may be the dumbest thing I have ever said.

"Do you wanna get dinner with me?"

When Jungkook glances at me with surprise in his eyes the first thing I want to do is to crawl out the back door and throw myself into the nearest dumpster. I must be coming off so strong, practically desperate. I curse myself under my breath, my lungs hitching as his lips purse into an answer.

"Why not?" He shrugs, an innocent smile plastered across his face. "I owe it to you for opening up late anyway."

Ok. Not expected.