-84-

𝓶𝓪𝓼𝓺𝓾𝓮𝓻𝓪𝓭𝓮 𝓹𝓽 2

Jungkook POV

I know I've promised myself not to run after trouble anymore, but something about the silver fox stranger tugs at my attention, and I can't help but feel like if I ignore his momentary, almost fairy- tale-esque presence, I'll miss out on something important.

The castle grounds are unfamiliar, but with the guidance of some puzzled and startled looking butlers I bump into along the way, I manage to pinpoint the stranger's location: the West Wing.

When I'm given this information, the waiter looks wary, the silver tray on hand wobbling unsettling as he remarks, "And what business do you have with there?"

I fumble for a reply, an excuse, racking my brain for some sort of diversion to distract him. Perhaps I can put my appearance to work again, I sigh to myself, about to pull my stockings down as a sneaky, subtle plead to let me through-

"He's with me."

The waiter's eyes widen in apologetic shock, then he backs away like a startled beach crab. I spin around half annoyed that my plan has been fooled by a nosy body, another man no doubt, trying to impress me with his power.

To my surprise, it's the silver fox.

"Sir!" I bumble out, losing my previous annoyance. "Thank you, again."

He ignores my expressions of gratitude, instead eyes me with a cheek smile and his tongue stuck into the side of his mouth.

"What are you doing in the West Wing, Jungkook-ssi?" He interrogates. Damn it. He's seen right through me.

I'm lost for words. I can't even seem to bring myself to come clean, as momentarily I seem to forget how to form words.

"Would it be crazy of me to assume you came looking for me?" He blinks, huge doe eyed lashes flashing at me.

I regain my composure, and rollmy eyes.

"Don't get ahead of yourself, it was only to see what kind of psychopath you were," I sniffed. "I've dealt with your kind before. So you can take your heroics and stick them up your-"

"Woah woah stop right there," He interrupts, throwing his hands in the air in mock surrender. "I'm being genuine here. Look I'm sorry for coming off a little strong, but if anything you should be at least a little grateful."

I glare at him.

"I did not ask to be saved."

"Then don't see me as a saviour," He says quickly. "Just a random man who just happened to step in at the right time."

Even I can't stop myself from smiling a little. This man is quick thinking, a sharp speaker. It's almost cliché, but he's exactly my type.

"Fine," I agree. "But at least give me a name I can thank?"

The silver fox grins.

"Taehyung."

There's something familiar about this name, but I can't quite put my finger on it. Until I recognize the crest embroidered into the chest of his jacket, and hot red flush overwhelms my entire body.

"Oh shit!" I curse, immediately lowering my head. "Your highness, didn't realize-"

Taehyung's hand claps over my mouth, silencing me. My eyes widen in alarm.

"Please don't make a huge deal out of it," He pleads. "It's bad enough to hold the title, let alone be recognised."

I've completely lost grip on my facade, and my ego has come tumbling down. I just insulted the Crown Prince. That's it, I'm gonna die.

I look up to beg for forgiveness, then realise his eyes hold a certain air of hope.

"Jungkook..." He stutters. "I'm trying to think how I can put this as un-stalkerishly as I can, but there really is no other explanation."

He inhales deeply, dipping his head like an apologetic puppy.

"I've been watching you from a distance, Jungkook, and if I'm honest, you have completely enchanted me," Taehyung breathes. "To see you carry yourself with such grace in the position you have in society, with so many eyes calling you a prostitute, a desperate slut."

I'm flabbergasted, as he tries my boundaries and clasps my hands in his. I'm too taken back to react.

"In no way do you have to agree, but I was wondering..." He clears his throat nervously. "I was wondering if you would give me a chance? To take you out somewhere? Without seeing me as my status, just myself?"

I laugh.

"I should be asking you to give me a chance," I say, voice cracking here and there as I motion to my outfit. "Look at me. I'm a slut."

Taehyung grabs my arms, and pulls me tightly towards him, until our faces are mere centimetres away from each other. Like some romantic movie, I notice how kissable his lips are.

"Don't put yourself down Jungkook," He says most humbly, and if I do say so myself, most princely. "I may not have had the pleasure of getting to know you better, but I see you Jungkook, really see you."

He pulls my right hand up to those kissable lips, and kisses my knuckles softly. When he lifts his eyes to look at me, it's like stepping into a hot shower as warmth engulfs me.

"You have a way with words, Your Highness," I bite my lip. "Words that have made me come undone."

Taehyung grins with cheek.

"Have I now?"

"Don't get too cocky, Your Highness," I manage to reply. "I won't slow down to match your chase."

"Oh Jungkook, the prey never chases the predator," He chuckles. "And I think you'll come to learn that I'm not one to disappoint."

I blink agonizingly slowly, knowing he's already noticed my eyelashes. He remains annoyingly calm, as if immune to my charm. Fine. Time to pull out the big guns.

I wrap an arm around his neck, bringing my mouth to his ear.

"And I think you'll find that I'm no prey," I whisper sultrily, teeth grazing his ear lobe. Triumphantly, I pick up a martini glass off a passing waiter's tray.

Before I can sashay off, a hand catches my waist, and I gasp.

"You'll change your mind soon, princess."

(A/N: I'm DEFINITELY doing part 3 for this I love this plot.)