-16-

- tequila -

Taehyung POV

I looked up, squinting in the dark, amber tinted light. Five minutes. I smoothed my hair back with my fingers, trying to get rid of the sticking out bits. I failed, and the blueberry coloured locks stuck out tauntingly. I felt hands snake around my waist and chapstick moisturised lips press against my nape.

"You ready baby?" Jungkook asked in a quiet voice, consciously buttoning up the first button of my shirt. He was always the more protective one. 

"Born ready," I replied, turning around to kiss him. He grinned and swaggered up to his mic stand. His favourite mic stand tonight, the gold one that Jin gave him for his birthday years ago. Sometimes the bar manager wouldn't let him use it, according to the theme on the particular night. Tonight though, the manager had left us to our own accord, as he had some business out of town. That meant we could sing whatever we wanted. 

People started to pour in, as the sky turned darker after every second. Couples, genders and race intertwined. The bar wasn't rowdy, didn't stink of alcohol. It was romantic, the way there were fairy lights everywhere. Yeah, the manager was a softie. 

"Hello everyone, welcome to Serendipity," I said into my microphone, lowering my voice. It was like a reflex. Every time I had to speak strangers, it was just a habit. Jungkook liked it. Jungkook- no stop rambling Tae. Stop. Kids read this fan fiction Tae.

"We're starting off with a classic," I continued, clearing my throat. "You all see those shot glasses?" The audience cheered.

"Tequila on the house!" Jungkook announced, putting his arms up in the air. He side glanced at me and winked.

"This one's for my baby."

I giggled shyly, covering my face with my palms. He picked up his guitar, plucked a few notes, and strummed the first chord. I exhaled, smile unable to leave my face. Oh my god I couldn't stop smiling. I brought my mouth to the microphone and hummed along with the few notes.

"I can still shut down a party."

"I can hang with anybody."

My voice echoed around the room, as the crowd fell silent to listen. I gazed at Jungkook, who was staring straight at me. He looked so angelic, his lacquered guitar resting on his thighs. I pulled away from the mic to watch Jungkook sing his verse.

"I can drink whiskey and red wine,"

"Champagne and all that,"

"Little Scotch on the rocks and I'm fine, I'm fine."

My smile widened, and I removed the mic from the stand so I could stand closer to Jungkook.

"But when I taste tequila, baby I still see ya,"

"Cutting up the floor in a sorority t-shirt,"

"The same one you wore when we were,"

"Sky high Colorado, your lips pressed against the bottle."

"Swearing on a bible, baby, I'll never leave ya,"

"I remember how bad I need ya, when I taste Tequila."

"When I taste Tequila."

Jungkook took up his own microphone and unstrapped his guitar. He took me by the waist and pulled me into his lap. I leant into the crook of his neck, harmonising with him. I tried to sing to the crowd, instead of singing to Jungkook, because I knew I was already flushed bright red. 

The song went on, but the lyric seemed to just pour out of my mouth naturally. I wasn't focusing on anything anymore. I couldn't focus on anything, except for the way Jungkook was looking at me. 

Aish, Jungkook.

No one will ever understand why I love him.

The song slowed to an end, and everyone cheered with enthusiasm. I tried to stand up again, but Jungkook's arms restricted me from moving. I toyed with the ends of his hair, still trying to hide my flush. He took me by the chin and lifted it, grinning proudly.

"Don't hide your face sweetheart," He murmured, dotting kisses over my cheekbone. I punched him gently.

"Oh my god Jungkookkkk," I groaned. "Stop embarrassing meee." He chuckled and stood up, keeping me around his waist. I wrapped my legs around him, scared to fall. A friend of Jungkook's approached us, three full shot glasses in hand. He had his signature corner smirk, and his profile was framed by strands of black hair. He hi-fived Jungkook with his free hand,  handing us each a shot of golden brown Tequila.

"Bam Bam hey!" Jungkook exclaimed. "Long time no see!"

"Good to see you man," He laughed. "You got yourself a good one."

I didn't think it was even possible, but I went even redder. Jungkook sniffed and hugged me tighter.

"Don't touch me, he's mine," He growled. Bam Bam chuckled and raised his hands.

"I would never," He said. "You two have fun." He winked at me, still smirking.

"If you know what I mean."

I blushed, and burrowed my face into Jungkook's neck. Hell, could this night get any more embarrassing? 

Apparently.

A group of young teenagers bumbled up to us. Reminded me of when we were younger.

"You guys are cute together," One of the bubbly girls gushed. "Can we take a photo?"

"Sure!" Jungkook replied, gently putting me down. I stayed in his arms, as if I would get hurt or something if I left his touch. The photo was taken, my face probably darker than the Tequila in my hand. I wasn't even sure if I was smiling. Fuck, no, I was definitely smiling. I couldn't stop smiling. Jungkook too.

They left, leaving the two of us to our own accords. Before Jungkook could kiss me again, I pressed my finger to his mouth.

"No," I said firmly. "Not now. You've embarrassed me enough tonight." He laughed and pulled me closer.

"You cutie pie," He giggled. "You're so shy."

"Shut up," I mumbled. 

Ah I loved him so much.

(A/N: Exams are nearly over hehe.)