-61-

trophy boy 🏆

(A/n: Requested by BTSArmy01011992. Hope u don't mind I changed the plot slightly, but kept the original idea.)

Jungkook POV

"Pass it to me, Namjoon!" 

I'm panting, and my heart is in my throat. The goal is a fuzzy white blob, as the ball hits my feet. People are screaming, and I catch sight of Yoongi waving his hands frantically. 

"Kick it in!"

I blink once, and suddenly my vision is clear. The goalkeeper expects me to go over. So I go under. Everyone's breath hitches, as I kick the ball straight into the net, right before the whistle goes. 

I'm greeted with cheers and slaps on the back, as my teammates lift me above them, screaming the school chants at the top of their lungs. 

I grin, but it soon falters when I lock eyes with a boy sitting alone in the stands. It's like everything is going by in slow motion, and I swear I can hear music. The wind weaves through his mint green mop of hair, his huge doe eyes blink once, and I let out a blissed out sigh. His peach coloured, full, gorgeous lips curl into a small smile. 

My heart stops.

When I'm let down to the ground again, I get back on my tip toes to get another glance at the mysterious boy. He's gone.

A hand claps on my back, scaring me out of my wits.

"What were you looking at bro?" Hoseok asks, snickering. "Cute one caught your eye?"

"Who's the one with the green hair?" I ask breathlessly, eyes still wandering for a glimpse of him. 

"Kim Taehyung?" Hoseok says surprised. "Nah, dude, you don't want to mess that one."

I peel my eyes away from the bleachers.

"Why not?"

"Why in the first place? He's the weird, quiet nerd kid," Hoseok chuckles. "You're our trophy boy."

I manage a small, fake laugh.

-

I pick at my sandwich, staring hopelessly at the dull coloured bread. Someone snatches out of my hands, and I jump out of my seat, yelling in protest.

Which is when I catch a glimpse of green.

I pinch myself to make sure I'm not dreaming. But it's him. It's really him. 

His head rested on his hand as he flicks through a textbook, lazily chewing on his bottom lip. He has a pair of golden frames on, and he looks positively ethereal.

"Hey, earth to Jungkook," Namjoon jokes. "You good up there?"

"Oh this one's gone mad," Hoseok says, slapping his knee as if it was some hilarious joke. "He's fallen for the alien boy."

There's a long chorus of oohs and jockish comments, and I roll my eyes and sit back down.

"You're such a weirdo, you know Jeon?" Namjoon teases. "Every boy and girl would drop to their fucking knees for you, and you go for that freak."

A flit of anger alights in my chest, but I say nothing. My fingers grip into a tight fist, as I scroll through my phone. I come across some old messages, scan through group chats, and finally find what I'm looking for.

Kim Taehyung.

Before clicking on his number, I take a double take. Is this weird? God, he's gonna think I'm weird. Does this count as stalking-