-116-

𝖇𝖑𝖚𝖊 𝖇𝖑𝖔𝖔𝖉 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖇𝖑𝖚𝖊 𝖛𝖊𝖎𝖓𝖘

!MATURE!

Third Person POV

Jungkook chews on the tip of his pen thoughtfully, thin blue ink leaking onto the pad of his tongue. He blinks like a deer caught in headlights as the receptionist calls his name. 

"Thats me," He fumbles to his feet as a notepad and stubby pencils tumble out the lip of his satchel. The sound of stationary crashing onto the cold marble flooring fills the hall with a wincing echo, and Jungkook dips apologetically to no one in particular.

He rearranges himself, before following meekly after the frowning assistant. The elevator ride is awkward, Jungkook's eyes looking everywhere except the pair of judgy eyes trained on him. The glass walls around him seem to close in every few seconds.

With a gentle ding, the lift comes to a halt, and the doors slide open, revealing a rather exaggeratedly spacious office. In fact, it's practically empty, except for the sleek black desk in the centre, and the tall man standing in front of it. 

"Sir, Jeon Jungkook from Livre Holdings-"

A firm hand silences him.

"I know who he is."

Jungkook gulps, watching the receptionist bow and scamper back down the lift behind them. 

There's a long silence. Unsure whether to break it or not, Jungkook reaches for the stapled papers in his bag-

"Come here, Mr Jeon."

Startled, Jungkook freezes and bites his tongue. Warily he creeps closer to the CEO, the cold white light highlighting every feature on his stoic face. He's heard many things, many stories about the mysterious Kim Taehyung, but never did he think they were so true. 

His jawline was perfectly carved, every bone sleek underneath warm, spiced skin, not a stubble in sight. His eyes were dark, like cages holding thunder. He... he just seemed so perfect, so sophisticated and tall, shoulders broad, chin firm. Jungkook feels small, like a mouse thrust into the lion's den.

"I've heard a great deal about you," Taehyung says, voice cutting in massively. "Multiple degrees, successful publications, high praise from your superiors too."

"Thank you sir," Jungkook says nervously, as Taehyung picks up a tan folder with his name labeled across it in thick black font. "I'm not here to promote myself though, sir, I'm here about the publication deal for Livre-"

Taehyung waves a hand dismissively, flipping the folder open with a flick. Tae screens its momentarily, then smirks.

"You get along very well with your superiors, in fact," He drawls slowly, unearthing a small stash of photographs. "Very well, I see."

Jungkook's eyes widen, as the flimsy images of himself in highly inappropriate circumstances slaps onto the desk. Before he can stop himself, tears stream down his face, dripping onto the glossed pictures of memories he had tried so hard to erase.

"H-how did you- I didn't- it wasn't like that-" Jungkook gasps, collecting the photos in his hand and turning them over. "Sir, please, how did you get those?"

Taehyung's face remains still.

"I think the question here, Mr Jeon, is what were you doing here?" He retorts. "Sleeping your way up the company ladder? Hm? Or-"

"You don't know me!" Jungkook interrupts with strangled cry. "I had to! You don't understand, sir, they made me. I needed the job, sir, I needed the money."