-30-

s u n day   m o r n ing

(A/N: So I realized that I wasn't really doing any pure cute chapters, and I've been writing a lot of stories with plots, and I've been dying to write one that's just cute and conflict less.)

Third Person POV

Taehyung and Jungkook both loved the rain. Not thundering, dark and brooding storms. Soft, gentle, pitter pattering against the window, that kind of rain.

The morning was just like that. The dusting of rain woke Jungkook from his sleep. The young boy rubbed the sleep from his eyes, and he glanced over at the sleeping figure beside him.

Taehyung's chest rose up and down, breathing deeply. His golden hair parted above his forehead. Looking so regal in his sleep.

Jungkook found himself staring at the boy. Feeling eyes on him, Taehyung stirred, and opened his eyes.

Jungkook flushed, and turned away. The latter put two fingers underneath his chin, bringing his face back.

"Were you watching me sleep?" He teased. Jungkook could only smile dumbly, and slide himself into his boyfriend's embrace.

Taehyung threaded his fingers through Jungkook's strawberry red hair, admiring how beautiful he looked in the morning.

"It's Sunday," Jungkook pressed on. "You know what that means."

Taehyung puckered his lips and tilted his head like a cute dog.

"I get more kisses?"

"No!" Jungkook chuckled. "Well, yes, but other than that."

Taehyung thought for a while, and then snapped his fingers.

"Pancakes for breakfast!" He cheered. Jungkook nuzzled into Tae's neck.

"Yep," He confirmed. "Your loving boyfriend will make you pancakes."

Taehyung grinned excitedly, and immediately wriggled out of bed to get dressed, and to get Jungkook's clothes set out for good measure.

"Quickly," Tae pleaded, his childishness shining through. "I'm starving."

Jungkook slipped into the newly laid out clothes, and followed Taehyung down the stairs. Apparently, Taehyung had decided to prepare everything overnight, so there was already bags of flour and eggs laid out on the counter, along with a crazy array of pans.

"Sit down and don't touch anything," Jungkook ordered. Taehyung, along with Namjoon, had a reputation for not being able to cook.

At the speed of light, the batter was mixed in a glass bowl, and Jungkook poured a small portion into a pan. The wet mixture sizzled and the smell of pancakes quickly filled the room.

"Smells good baby," Tae called out from his kitchen stool. Jungkook flexed his arms, tounging his inner cheek proudly.

"Watch this babe," He said smugly, putting the pan out in front of him. With a little faith and a little flick of the wrist, Jungkook sent the half cooked pancake into midair, and the little patch of white flopped perfectly onto the other side.

Taehyung swung his legs and clapped excitedly. His stomach growled with anticipation.

The cooked pancakes were slid onto a classy white plate, steaming white smoke.

"What do you want on them?" Jungkook asked, looking into the fridge.

"A slab of butter, maple syrup, whipped cream and strawberries," Taehyung answered immediately. "And put some Nutella in a side pot." Jungkook rolled his eyes. Still, he loved spoiling his boyfriend. It was one of the many things he excelled at. He brought out an array of jars and prettily concealed containers. 

Trying his best to make his pancake stack look nice, Jungkook channeled his inner chef and decorated the pancakes. He brought the plate over to his waiting boyfriend, who already had a fork in hand.

"That took so long," Tae pouted, his lips pursed into a heart. 

"That was literally 10 minutes," Jungkook chuckled, nipping at his nose sweetly. "You're so impatient." He slid the plate across the counter top and taking the fork from Taehyung's hand.

Jungkook took a bite sized wedge of pancake and put it a few centimetres away from Tae's mouth.

"Here comes the airplane," He teased. Taehyung whined and grasped the latters hands.

"Aish, Jungkook, just let me eat me in peace," He said, pressing his lips into a tight line. Jungkook only pressed on, waving the fork nearer his mouth. 

With a sigh, Tae gave in and opened his mouth, allowing him to feed him. The pancakes tasted better when they were made by the love of your life. 

"Tastes good as always babe," Taehyung nommed, leaning into the crook of Jungkook's neck, smiling.

Jungkook ate a bite himself, and rested his head on Tae's head, chewing gently. 

"I love Sundays," Taehyung sighed, taking in another bite. Jungkook nuzzled into the top of his head. 

"Just Sundays?" He asked, loosing his focus on the pancakes, and started playing with the ends of Tae's golden hair. Tae slapped his hand away, and smiled shyly.

"I love the rain," Taehyung continued slowly, winding Jungkook up. "I love pancakes."

Jungkook smirked and grabbed Taehyung by the wrist, forcing the fork out of his fingers. The younger pulled Tae away from the kitchen and pinned him down on the sofa.

"What else do you love?" Jungkook cooed, hovering above Tae's face. The olders eyes sparkled with mischief.

"I love you," He said at last, pressing his nose against Jungkook's. 

"Love you too," Jungkook said breathily, no longer able to control his urge to kiss him. He dipped, and his lips softened and melted into Tae's. The distinct flavour of maple and caramelised butter. 

Taehyung mumbled softly, his words inaudible. Jungkook pressed a finger to the corner of his lips to silence him.

Tae pulled away, sticking his arms out to keep Jungkook away momentarily. 

"Not so fast," He whispered, almost slyly. "You're so impatient." Tae mocked softly. Jungkook hung his head and tucked himself under Taehyung's chin. 

Tae closed his eyes and exhaled blissfully.

"Sunday morning, rain is falling

Steal some covers, share some skin

Clouds are shrouding us in moments unforgettable

You twist to fit the mold that I am in."

Jungkook hummed in harmony. 

"But things just get so crazy, living life gets hard to do.
And I would gladly hit the road, get up and go if I knew
That someday it would lead me back to you.

That someday it would lead me back to you." 

The two smiled underneath the gentle sunlight.

"That may be all I'll need 

In darkness, she is all I see

Come and rest your bones with me

Driving slow on Sunday morning

And I never want to leave."

Taehyung and Jungkook lay intertwined, limbs melted into each other's. And neither of them ever wanted to leave.

(A/N: Genuinely love this one 💓)