-9-

< me b4 u >

Jungkook POV

I was desperate for a job. I was desperate for the money. I had just graduated from university, and I was already struggling to support my parents. Instead of a mother, I had two fathers. I was adopted. Which made me want to support them even more because they supported me.

"I'm home!" I announced, tossing away my keys and kicking off my sneakers. Jin came out of the kitchen, comfortably dressed in an oversized pink sweater and holding a book. He smiled and greeted me with a hug.

"Namjoon ah! Your son is home!" He yelled. There was a cluttering sound and Namjoon clumsily stumbled into the landing. He grinned and his dimples showed. 

"Hi Jungkook," He said. "We have some news for you." I climbed onto the dining table bench and took a bite of the cookies laid out.

"Mm?" I asked.

"We got you a job!" Jin announced excitedly. My eyes widened with surprise.

"Really? How?" 

"I bumped into an old friend, his name is Yoongi," Namjoon answered. "He's currently living at Ginseng Mansion with his husband and youngest cousin." 

"Ginseng Mansion?" I interrupted. "Is he rich or something?"

"Filthy rich," Jin confirmed. "But his cousin is blind, and needs a carer."

"So you want me, to care for a blind man?" I asked, in a suddenly loud voice. I was... uncertain about this new job. This was not the job I was looking for. I expected something... I don't know flashier. Cooler. Something a 21 year old would do.

"The pay is high," Jin said slowly, noticing the uncertainty in my voice. "At least give it a go. You might make friends." I held back a laugh. Friends? With a blind man? That would be the day.

"Mmkay fine," I shrugged. "Give me some details. Who is he?"

"His name is Kim Taehyung," Namjoon said. "He's only a few years older than you, 24 years  old, I think." I poked my tongue against my cheek. 

"Was he always blind? Born blind? Was he in an accident?" I butted in.

"You'll have to ask him yourself," He replied firmly. "Now go to bed. It's late and you have work in the morning." Jin grabbed me by the shoulders and steered me up the stairs, pressing a kiss on Namjoon's forehead before cheerily bumbling off to the bathroom to take a shower. I rolled my eyes and shut my bedroom door. Jin had earlier laid out some freshly washed pyjamas. His favourite fabric softener filled the room with a distinctive lavender scent. I shut myself in the bathroom and started running the bath, and the room filled with relaxing steam.

Tomorrow was going to be a weird day.

= = = = = = = = = =

As the morning sun glared down on me, I nervously hobbled up the grand stairs up to the main entrance of Ginseng Mansion. I was dressed in an uncomfortable dress shirt and somewhat formal jeans. I knocked patiently at the massive oak doors. I heard movement inside, and with great heft, a friendly looking man with stylishly made up pink hair opened the door.

"Hi, I'm Jeon Jungkook," I said cheerfully. "I'm here for the job." The man raised a quizzical brow.

"I'm Jimin, Mr Kim's personal doctor," He said, ushering me inside and guiding me down hallways. "Quickly please. We have been waiting." 

Ginseng Mansion did live up to its reputation for being the largest and grandest building on the island. Everywhere I looked, there seemed to be at least a small spot of gold or silver. Without realising, my jaw had dropped slightly. Jimin seemed to notice, and he snickered.