-6-

。waking up beside you。

Taehyung POV

(A/n: listen to Blanket Kick/ Embarrassed)

I woke to the delicate brush of morning light on my skin. Soft wind blew in from the pastel blue curtain, and the little paper cranes stuck on the wall seemed to fly in the breeze. Despite the cold of the January morning, my body was warm. Especially my back.

"Kookie?" I said gently, turning my head to see Jungkook's head nestled into my back, his small breaths sending tingles up my spine. "Anyeong." He mumbled something in return, then wrapped his arm around me. I flipped over to face him, and quickly pressed my nose against his. He smiled. 

I tucked a stray piece of hair behind his hair, and let my fingers run through it. It was soft, and left my fingertips smelling like cotton candy and Hokkaido milk, like what Jungkook drank. I eased my lips onto his, but obviously he was still asleep because he didn't respond. I pulled away, frowning slightly.

"야, you're ignoring me," I said. "No kisses for you." He opened his eyes and pouted. I nearly laughed. Jungkook could look so adorable when he wanted to. He pulled me closer into his embrace, and I shuffled into the crook of his neck.

"Please kiss me, I'm sorry," he mumbled. I shook my head.

"No, I said no kisses."

His head dropped slightly. The flecks in his eyes reflected the window glass, making them look like tiny bubbles. 

"I was dreaming of you, Tae," He said delicately. "You know I always do." 

A smile tugged at the ends of my mouth. I did know. Once, I had woken up because I heard him muttering my name. I grazed his right cheek and gave in to his eyes, and kissed him on the tip of his nose. He laughed, the beautiful sound escaping his mouth like twinkling bells.

"Babe, you missed my mouth," he joked. He pointed as his lips. "They're here." Impatiently, I leant in and kissed him properly, for a long while. Jungkook was the one who broke it, because he was gasping for air. I smirked.

"There. You got what you wanted," I poked him. I flopped onto my back instead of leaning on my side. Immediately, Jungkook propped himself onto my chest. 

"What are we doing today?" He asked. I eyed the calendar hanging beside my dresser. January 17. 

"Nothing sweetheart," I yawned and rested my head on his. He looked up obligingly, and I kissed him lovingly. "Let's stay here for a little longer." He nodded and sighed blissfully. I watched as his fingers traced my arms, finding their way up my Tata patterned sleeves and along my shoulder line. He trailed butterfly light kisses along the bone across my upper chest, and I couldn't help but let out a surprising moan.

"Wow," Jungkook looked up at me with a teasing look in his eyes. "And you started off with 'no kisses'."

I blushed and nudged his cheek away. "Don't tease me like that," I said. "You know I can't help it." He nestled into my chin, and immediately the overwhelming scent of his shampoo. I knew for a fact that he used a baby formula so that the soap wouldn't be to harsh on his roots. 

"How do you do it?" I asked. "How do you wake up perfect?" He ignored my cheesy comment and pushed my face away so I was looking out the window. The cold skies brightened as every second passed. The warmth I had woken up to was still there. 

It was like this every morning. Every morning I woke up beside Jungkook. That heart fluttering, spine tingling sensation. It might've been winter, but in this room, we had our own little summer.

(A/n: Sorry about the short chapter, I'll write more next time)