-18-

+ baby song +

(A/N: !WARNING! a lot of nostalgia. Like, I mean a lot. For FESTA 2019 heehee. Happy anniversary guys I love youuuu.)

Third Person POV

"And then I said yes," Jin smiled. He was surrounded by the three young ones, Jungkook, already 22 years old but the tallest; Taehyung, 23 and bright eyed, was snuggled against Jungkook, hugging a pillow against his chest; Jimin, the eldest, but the shortest. They were all strewn across Jin's bed, listening to him talk about how he started dating Namjoon. 

"You guys should sleep," He said, laying back. "Even if we don't have practice tomorrow."

"I like your stories hyung," Taehyung whined. "We're not sleepy."

"I don't know what else I can talk about," Jin laughed, stroking Tae's childlike brown hair. 

"Tell us about how you knew that Tae and Kookie were going to date," Jimin suggested. "You mentioned that you knew before they knew!"

Silence.

"OKAY GOODNIGHT GUYS!"

"Taehyung! Sit down!" Jimin scolded, patting the mattress. The latter pouted, but returned to his boyfriend's side. Jin sighed and stared off into the distance dreamily. He rested his chin in his hand, his perfectly manicured fingernails tapping thoughtfully. Jin was always the perfectionist. 

"Oh that's one topic I could talk about for ages," He said. "You two were made for each other."

"Jiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiin," Taehyung groaned, hiding his face in the crook of Jungkook's neck. Jin glared at him to silence him. 

No one messed with Seokjin's story time.

"It all started two weeks after our debut..."

- flashback -

Jin POV

July 17 2013

I woke up from a nightmare, gasping for breath. I sat up in shock, in the dark and alone. I swallowed, cringing as what little left of saliva crept down my dry throat. I stroked my neck, trying to soothe it somehow.

I'd been getting so many more nightmares recently. Ever since the debut, fear is all I've been thinking about. And as the oldest, I was worried about the younger ones, and how they felt about the huge transition we were going through. 

I slid off the bed and quietly made my way to the kitchen, careful not to step on the particularly creaky parts of the floor. I uncapped a large bottle of water and poured the contents into a glass, then downed everything in record speed. 

As I drank, I considered waking up Namjoon and asking him to sleep with me. No, Jin, what were you thinking. Of course you can't drag him into your problems. I sighed and placed the glass into the sink. 

Except for the silent humming of the washing machine in the kitchen, everything was a blanket of silence. Scratch that. There were some muffled sounds coming from one of the rooms. Jungkook's room. 

I tiptoed to the crack of the open door, tilting my head to get a better view. Jungkook was crying, perched at the top of his bed, wrapped up in his sheets. Just opposite him, sat none other than Taehyung, hugging a pillow to his chest and listening to Jungkook talking. 

"I was so happy to debut at first," He mumbled, wiping at his tears. "But now I'm starting to feel the pressure of being the underdogs."

My heart sank. My little baby was feeling it too. I wanted to walk inside and give him a hug, poor thing. He was so young, it broke my heart. I rested my head against the door frame.