Chapter 11: Betrayal

"I can't hunt down my friend." I inform Rex, "I just can't. I know Ahsoka is innocent."

"Atlantia, the evidence is piling against her." Rex said, "As much as I would like to believe that she is innocent, I can't ignore the evidence." I understood where he was coming from but I couldn't go against my friend.

"I can't help find her." I say softly, "The council knows of my connection to her. They would understand." I chuckle, "They have probably already banned Anakin from searching for her."

"They did." Rex said grinning, "but he convinced them to allow him to search so he is one of the two teams searching for Ahsoka. He is only searching so he can find the truth." I nod at that.

"I could see where he is coming from but personally I cannot go after her. Rex, would you come and inform me when you find her?" I ask him because I know Ahsoka can not hide forever.

"I will." Rex nodded before leaving me in my room. I walked over to my window and closed my eyes trying to connect to Ahsoka through the Force. I found her but all I could feel was hurt and betrayal. I open a iris message to her but it is instantly shut down. Feeling a little hurt, I try again. This time she accepts the message.

"Ahsoka, where are you?" I ask her seeing the dangerous neighborhood behind her.

"I can't tell you." Ahsoka says softly.

"I know," I sigh, "but you know I know you are innocent right?"

"Thank you, Atlantia but it's only you, Anakin, and Rex who trust me." Ahsoka says sadly, "I need to find who is framing me."

"I will do my best from here." I tell her.

"Thank you, but don't contact me again. I don't want you getting dragged down with me if I go down for this crime." She says looking with eyes that portrayed the sadness she had from the betrayal. "Promise me this, Atlantia."

"I promise, Ahsoka but you are not going down for this crime." I promised her before ending the message. I stared out the window looking out at the city. "This will work out, Ahsoka. This will work out."

As I await for any news with Ahsoka, I made my way back to the hanger bay wanting to see if I could sense something, a clue, to who could be framing Ahsoka. I hoped it wouldn't be another Jedi but I honestly thought it was. The evidence definitely pointed toward a Jedi being the one behind this crime. It devastated me to know that this was happening but I was aware that many believed the Jedi were not the peacekeepers they were supposed to be. Instead, because of the war, they have turned into soldiers but it doesn't mean there aren't any good Jedi left. I could name multiple Jedi that deserved to be called that.

I was just about to leave the hanger bay because I couldn't sense anything when Barriss walked in. She looked at me surprised to see me in here but her face turns to sympathy.

"Atlantia, I was looking for you," Barriss said smiling sadly at me, "Ahsoka has been found and brought back to the temple..."

"Where is she?" I say interrupting her. "I need to talk to her."

"I'm sorry but she is in a meeting with the council. The Republic Army has requested that she be casted out of the Jedi order so she can be tried in a unbiased court for her crimes." Barriss said stopping me.

"No!" I say my eyes wide, "She is innocent. I know she is. I could see that another Jedi killed Letta I just can't see who it is but I will know." I try to step around Barriss but she stops me.

"I can't let you ruin my plans." Barriss says before quickly taking out two lightsabers. Their handles were curved and the lightsaber's glow was red. I blocked her strike with my own lightsaber.