Chapter 32: War is not won without sacrifice

Exhausted, I make my way out of the cockpit to check with the remaining rebels for any injuries. I still had enough energy to heal some of them so I do. I smile at Zeb as I heal a young man near him. He gives me a nod as he continues to listen to Hera talk to Sabine's mother, thanking her for sending some help. Sabine was asking for help since the Mandalorians were in desperate need of some assistance but Hera couldn't offer any since we needed to get to safety before she could offer any assistance to other rebels or allies. I didn't hear the response because I had moved with Kanan into the next hallway where Kallus and a few other rebels were hanging out. None of the rebels seemed to be that hurt but I still healed them of any injuries none the less as Kanan began to speak to Kallus.

"Kanan, thank you for taking me in." Kallus was saying sincerely.

"Thank you for risking everything." Kanan responded before continuing down the hallway. When I made my way to Kallus and began to heal him, he spoke to me.

"You know, the Empire is really increasing their search for you." Kallus says as I healed his bruised eye and busted lip.

"I'm not surprise" I say giving him a reassuring smile, "They've been hunting for me for the last sixteen years. I've been captured but they haven't held me for long." I give him a smile before turning to search for more wounded.

"But you don't know they've changed their training methods. They've changed it to adapt to you." Kallus tells me.

"How?" I ask turning back around.

"The Emperor provided information on your weaknesses and are training a group of stormtroopers to be able to disable you even with your powers are at their strongest." Kallus says, "They've also designed new weapons that use Cordelia as their main ammunition."

"So, it's worse than I thought." I said cursing under my breath, "How long have this been going on?"

"Since you were made the face of the Rebellion." Kallus responds, "They were already in the works when you began to pop up again but it was put into overdrive when you became the face of the rebellion."

"That wasn't my choice but there's nothing I could do now." I say sighing, "Thanks for the warning Kallus." I say before making my way to the other rebels. After healing the rest of the Rebels, I found a place to rest as the Ghost made its way to Yuven, the main rebel base. I was exhausted that I passed out for the entire journey and when I awoke, someone had carried me onto the base and placed me in one of the rooms there which I was thankful for. I made my way out of the room to join the meeting that was happening there. It was then that I learned that Ezra and Kanan were joining Sabine as she heads back to Mandalore.

I stayed with the rest of the rebels at the base healing up but eventually a few weeks after they had left, I was called into a meeting with Rex and Zeb. I had no information as I stepped into the briefing room with Rex and Zeb by my side but that soon changed when I spotted Mon Mothma waiting for us. From her appearance, I knew it either meant a mission or bad news.

"It has come to my attention that Thunder Squadron sent to Serenno to retrieve Imperial codes for an upcoming mission have fallen out of contact but before we lost contact, they sent this message." Mon Mothma said before clicking a button activating the recorded message. On the holo-projector, a worried looking man appeared.

Senator, we have retrieved the Imperial codes but we have lost our way of here. The ships were destroyed and to make matters worse, Thrawn is here. He knows..." That is when the intermission cuts off.

"Thrawn knows? Knows what?" Zeb asks.

"I think he knows they are there." I say, "We need to go after them."