Chapter 43: I tell the truth

The Ewok stare at me and 3PO in horror and fear before the leader began to shout for Luke and Han to be released. Once they were freed, I put 3PO back on the ground before running to embrace Leia, Han, and Luke in a hug.

"Geez, Atlantia. Even I was frightened when you appeared." Han said grinning at me. I smiled at him before following the Ewoks into one of their homes where 3PO began to explain who we were. He explained the war, Darth Vader, and who I was. Many of the Ewoks were intrigued with the story and some of them looked at me with a sense of fear but also awe. I didn't blame them for the fear. There are times where I was afraid of myself but as I continue listening to 3PO's speech, I realize that he was asking for their help in our upcoming battle.

"What's going on?" Han asks leaning over to Leia.

"I don't know." She replies but since I was sitting on her other side, I also heard his question so I decided to explain.

"3PO's asked for their help but they will only do so if we join their tribe which is what is happening right now." I explain as the Ewoks beat on their drums and some words are said. Then the leader tells 3PO that we were a part of their tribe.

"Wonderful! We are now a part of the tribe." 3PO says happily. The Ewoks were really happy and excited as many immediately jumped into our arms.

"Just what I always wanted," Han says when one of the Ewoks had jumped on him. He smiles at the Ewok though when he pulls the small creature away from his body. During the excitement, I see Luke slipping out of the home and I quickly follow with Leia right on my tail. Leia grabs my arm stopping me and silently asking for her to take the lead. I nod my head since I already had a feeling what this conversation was going to be about.

"Luke, what's wrong?" Leia asked as we approached him on the wooden bridge.

"Leia, do you remember your mother, your real mother?" Luke asks turning to face us.

"Just a little bit. She died when I was very young." Leia says which confused me since Padme had died at her birth but I let it play out.

"What do you remember?" Luke asks.

"Just images, really. Feelings." Leia responds shrugging.

"Tell me," Luke insists and I knew it was because Luke knew Leia was his sister.

"She was..." Leia began, "...very beautiful. Kind...but sad." She glances up at Luke, "Why are you asking me this?"

"I have no memory of my mother. I never knew her." Luke says softly looking up at me.

"Luke, tell me, what's troubling you?" Leia insists.

"Leia, Vader is Luke's father." I say, "And he is yours as well." Leia stares at me but judging by the look on her face. She's known for a while that she was Luke's sister.

"I know. Somehow, I've always known." Leia says. "But why didn't our mother take us both with her to Alderaan?"

"Leia, your mother died in childbirth. I believe your memories of her, is her visiting you within the force. It's why you remember feelings and images." I say.

"Did you know our mother?" Leia asked.

"I did, very well in fact." I say smiling reminiscently, "She was a senator and fought very hard for peace in the galaxy. She fell in love with the Jedi that is now known as Darth Vader but it was forbidden for those in the Jedi Order to be in a relationship like that. It keeps the Jedi's mind clear of distractions but Padme and Vader were true soulmates and couldn't bear to be a part. They secretly married but one day Vader witnessed his wife's death in a vision. In a panic, he does everything he could to prevent the death including opening himself to the dark side of the Force but in the end, his fall to the dark side is what kills Padme. He never knew that his children survived until he saw Luke when you guys rescued me."