2. Father

Remus arrived first in number 12, Grimmauld's Place. He enchanted the house with basic protective spells to keep muggles away.

The rowhouse was grimmer compared to the neighbours on either sides. The street was deserted, as it was midnight.

He waited for awhile, until he saw something appear in the sky. It was Sirius.

The black haired man landed in front of the house. He led the hippogriff inside the enchanted boundary, surrounding the house. He walked up to the door with ease, while Remus followed hastily with his bags.

The inside of the house was worse. Cobwebs, dusts, and small animals (magical or not) filled every spaces.

Cockroaches disbanded the corridor when Sirius aimed his wand and conjured a light spell. The hippogriff squawked happily and ate two to three of the insect coming his way.

'Disgusting...', Remus muttered.

The front door closed. It echoed throughout the halls.

Who's there? , said a high pitch, angry woman.

'Ah, mother, good to see you.', said Sirius sarcastically.

He walked towards the source of the painting. Mother and Sirius started arguing. Sirius bickered for amusement.

Remus started chanting cleaning spells in the hallway with his wand aimed at the messes, though it didn't do much, especially the ceilings and the insects.

The interior was too spacious, it would have taken them forever, he thought, to clean everything themselves.

'Think we can get some members here to help clean this place?', said Remus, walking along the hallway.

Sirius' mother shouted in anger when she saw Remus pass by. 'You dare brought your scum friend here! You are no son of mine! Blood traitor!', shouted Mrs Black.

Sirius laughed giddily.

When he felt enough, he closed the painting with a drape over it. His mother stopped shouting.

'Ah, much better.', said Sirius. But then the painting shouted again and the drape was released. In irritation, Sirius closed it again. This time, using magic with his wand.

He went over to Remus and indicated him to go to the kitchen.

Remus was the first to enter, and he found a dirty and grudge-looking elf. The elf was standing by a cupboard door, menacingly staring at Remus Lupin. 'Ah, Sirius, there's an elf here.', said Remus in delight.

Sirius looked over. 'Ah yes, Kreacher, good, good. I'm starving, cook us something nice, will you. I haven't eaten much in weeks.'

Kreacher mumbled and insulted Remus Lupin as he walked towards the stove.

'Kreacher! Rude! I forbid you to be rude to the guest! You will address him as Sir Lupin.'

Kreacher grumbled to himself, talked to himself as he started apparating and dissaparating continually. Everytime he dissaparated, he had vegetables and meats in his dirty hands.

'Sorry about Kreacher, Remus... he loves my mother and Regulus very much.'

'It's fine, he's a Black's elf after all.'

When foods and drinks were ready in front of them, Kreacher went away, upstairs, as they could hear the creaking steps of the stairs.

They tasted the food and it was bland. Sirius complained that the elf's cooking wasn't used to be like this. He suggested it must have been because he was left behind for too long.