24. Auror Office II

It had been two days in the office. Tonks hadn't been assigned with any missions or any simple tasks to work. She was strictly ordered to stay in the office, to do nothing. I feel like I'm being punished, she thought.

She wished to see Kingsley. He was the only person she'd like to meet in the office, but he was nowhere in the office.

She was thinking of what point the Miniatry think of putting Kingslwy down to protect the muggle Prime Minister was a good idea.

She started daydreaming. Then a man greeted her, which she wished he wouldn't.

'Morning, Nymphadora Tonks.', said Dawlish annoyingly, 'I see you're still lazying about.'

'Morning, Dawlish.'

Dawlish went over to take a chair from an empty desk. He sat next to Tonks. Tonks stared at him weirdly. It was weird that he sat next to her behind her desk.

Dawlish looked around. He checked if someone was nearby. When it was clear, he spoke to Tonks quietly. 'Listen, do you have any information about Rookwood?'

'Rookwood?', Tonks asked confusedly.

'Yes, and you've met him, didn't you? At the Department of Mysteries.', he waited for Tonks to reply. But, as she didn't reply, Dawlish continued, 'C-can you tell me where he is? It will greatly help me finish this mission.'

Tonks looked at him amusingly. Never in her lifetime would she imagine it, seeing Dawlish asking for help. 'I thought you already got the leads.'

'I did, but it turns out, my information was false... someone knew who I was. They gave me the wrong information.'

'How so?'

'My source told me a lie. And now he's gone. It'll give me a bad rep if Robards or Scrimgeour knows about it, you know. Can you tell me where he is? Or at least other Death Eaters that you know of that links to him?'

'... Dawlish, as you know, my knowledge of them is as good as the next person. I've been staying in this office for days.'

'Well, you could just ask your Order friends or just walk out of the office, No one's stopping you.'

'Oh yeah, tell that to Jack over there. He's keeping an eye on me, if you hadn't noticed.'

'I'll swap with him. Then, you'll be able to roam around as you want, you just have to help me.'

'Don't haggle me.'

'Alright. Alright... But can you at least tell me where I can find where he is, please?'

'Have you tried knocking doors at a pureblood family's home? That's your best bet.'

Dawlish was stricken. He was offended in a way. 'Now, Tonks. Don't give me that attitude.'

'What attitude?', asked Tonks confused and amused. She leaned back and rested her feet on the desk. Dawlish was holding his temper. Immediately, he got up and left. Tonks celebrated her triumph secretly.

In her time of nothingness, her head played tricks on her. She would daydream about Remus. She missed him. She would like to visit the park with him. She missed him when he was laid back, funny, loving, kind, romantic, and gentle.

'Just like...', she whispered to herself as she lay her head on her desk, 'just like mum and dad, we would have...'

Now she got the idea why she had fallen in love with him. He always say good things about her. He never seemed to see her in any flaws. He never spoke anything bad about her.