55. Harry's Birthday

Remus was not at all ready with Dora's pregnancy. He constantly woke up from his sleep and imagine a baby wolf. He stared at his sleeping wife and her belly, before going back to sleep. The sleep cycle kept happening every few hours. Remus didn't get much sleep.

In the earliest of dawn, Remus got up before everyone else. He went away to take a shower.

When he was done showering, by the stairs of the house, he could hear faint water splashing. It came from other bathrooms in the house. He suspected it was Dora, and he was right. She was not in the bedroom anymore.

Remus remembered what she said yesterday. The two of them were lying down on the ground. Dora broke the news to him. It was a surreal feeling.

He was for sure know that he should be happy. But he couldn't get his mind to be so.

It was unreal. He was going to have a baby with Dora. What if the baby was infected by lycantrophy?

He pinched himself. Disappointed that it wasn't a dream and the pinch hurt his flesh.

Remus put on his cloak. Stuck all the used portkeys in his coat pockets. He went downstairs to make himself and Dora some breakfast. Then he waited for her.

He could hear her stomping quickly down the steps of stairs.

Imagining Dora pregnant at a time like this was stressing him out.

He wondered what would it feel like to have a baby, brewing inside, while having to do dangerous works. Dora was an auror. She could handle tough things. But... could she handle it while being pregnant? Remus was sure shw doesn't have any training of when an auror was pregnant in her mission. In normal situations, Dora would get a maternal leave from work.

Remus was afraid if he passed his lycantrophy to the baby. What if it became a pure wolf? Instead of a baby, he and Dora got a pup. What if the baby had to change into a werewolf every month like him... poor baby, Remus thought.

Dora made it down to the kitchen. She saw Remus and was delighted to see him. 'Morning, sweetheart.', she said and kissed his cheek. She was delighted to see a full english breakfast on her plate. 'Lovely, thank you.'

Remus was all smiley to see her, hiding his worry of the baby. Dora sat next to him.

'Well,' Remus spoke, 'we have many places to go to, we need lots of energy and... you're...'

He was confused whether saying it out loud was offensive or not.

'Very considerate of you, Remus.', said Dora, impressed. She gave him a bright smile and started eating.

Remus looked down to her stomach. He tried to imagine how big her stomach can get. But the more he imagined it, the more headache he had. He shook out the thought away and ate quietly.

'Did you get the wedding invitations?', asked Dora, shoving her breakfast to her mouth.

'Oh, I thought you had it.', he said. Dora laughed at his silliness. Remus summoned the cards to him and placed them in his pocketpants.

'Can we stop by at the other houses first, and then go to Muriel and last to my parents?', Dora requested.

'Sure, but why?', Remus asked back.

'I... well I want to be 100% sure that it's still alive and growing inside me.'

Remus was surprised to hear it. 'But you told me you were, is the baby... not alright? Are you feeling ill, Dora?'

'No, no, I just want to make sure, that's all, I did a lot of straeneous actions when we moved Harry.'

'Alright... if you want, we can go to Muriel first. I'll pick you up later to your parents.'