45. Assigned

Ted and Andromeda Tonks were concerned of their daughter. They had never hoped she would be in this path. Fighting Voldemort and his followers. To be in a dangerous position. To be a member of Order of the Phoenix. They thought their lives were far from danger now. They thought they were able to finally live in peace as a new starting family line.

A family which did not see either pureblood or muggleborn aspect. But now it came back to haunt their nightmare. Their daughter brought it upon them.

After a long talk about what was happening out there in detail, Dora gave another news for them.

Their house had been marked as a checkpoint for the Order's cause. She felt bad to admit it. Her mum was petrified.

Her dad spoke,'Do you not know what your mum and I had gone through, Dora? I was terrorized by the Black family. Your mum was disowned and left off with no inheritence. Bellatrix almost killed me in the first izarding war. We will not, not lend this house for the Order. I don't want this family to experience this- this horrifying acts again. Especially not from you.'

Dora was nervous. She had given the assurrances to the Order. 'I'm sorry, but I already gave them our house. It was my calling. Our house was closest to the path. Harry will be moved to the Order's safehouse. He's turning 17, soon. His family's blood protection will disappear by then. We have to do it.'

'Yes, she's right...', added Remus. 'We are here on the same boat. We don't want to You-know-who take control of the Wizarding World again, we need to stop them. What would happen to all the innocent wizards and witches if they win?'

Mr and Mrs Tonks looked at each other concerningly.

Dora spoke,'We can't let them tear us all apart. I want both of you to live without fear. To finally be free from the Black family. Isn't that a dream you bith want?'

'Of course we do want that.', said Mr Tonks.

'We can't let the pureblood fanatics separate this family, then. We're in this together.', said Dora.

'Oh, Dora.', said Mrs Tonks, sadly.

Remus spoke,'Think about the future, a happy home. Fairness to all, without checking our birth rights. We can make real changes here.'

'May I add another.', said Remus. He looked at Mrs Tonks intently. 'Sirius... sacrificed himself for Harry. This boy was his godson. He's practically part of your family too, right? We could create a family that no purebloods has ever been one. A life full of love and care... wouldn't that be lovely?'

'That Harry Potter is Sirius' godson?'

'Yes, James Potter was a close friend... and Sirius was the closest. James made him a godson.'

'Oh...', spoke Mrs Tonks in devestation. She wondered what it would be like to know more about him.

'The Potters were very kind to take him in. He was practically family to them', said Remus. 'If only Sirius had told us about you, we would take you in as well... the Order would protect you two, definitely... Now, we will do our best to ensure that.'

'Then... it's the more reason to help, then?', spoke Dora, 'To protect this family from harm. I'll keep you all safe. I'm an auror after all... and I'm a member of the Order.'

Something clicked. Mr and Mrs Tonks were looking in a new light. All they wanted was to keep this family together. Safe and sound.

They willed themselves down and followed their daughter's verdict. A relieved smile grew on Dora and Remus' faces. They looked at each other.

'Thanks mum, dad.', said Dora, looking at them in relief. 'Your cause will help us all. It'll help the Wizarding World, especially this family, I'm sure of it.'