39. Married

They appeared in front of a cave near Hogsmeade.

'Remus, listen...', spoke Tonks.

Remus had a tight grip which was hurting her. She pulled off. Remus let go. Her hand was aching. She massaged it to ease.

'Listen... I know you want to protect me... but I deserve it. I-I killed innocent people when I went to Azkaban. I attacked and even killed... I killed... And I helped a prisoner escape. I deserve it, I should go with them.'

'No!', said Remus in displease. 'I will NOT let anyone take you away now. They will have to take me too.' He hugged her tightly. 'I won't let anyone take you away from me... I can't let them put you in Azkaban.'

Tonks embraced him as much. She was touched by his eagerness.

Remus sighed.

'L-let's go north.', spoke Remus in hopeful desperation.

Tonks looked at him in wonderful surprise. 'Why?', she asked.

'Let's go somewhere and get married.', said Remus gravely. He stiffled a nervous laugh.

Tonks had never felt happily in shock. 'Get married? Of course! Let's do it, Remus!', she said delightfully. Her hair was turning pink.

Remus was happy. He gave her a quick kiss. Hand in hand, they apparated away.

***

They appeared in a village. The sun had gone west.

It was a wizarding village somewhere in Scotland. More Northern than Hogwarts itself.

Remus had been here before. He had been here when he was young. He and the Marauders used to sneak out in seventh year. They would venture north with a stolen school broom. Found interesting places to be in.

Enthusiastically, he led Tonks into one of his favorite tavern.

A goblin pianist and a witch were performing in a corner. Giving a goo show with laughter and cheer.

Remus nudged people to give way for him and Tonks to the bar. They sat down and a bartender greeted them friendly.

'Madainn mhath! Ben awhile since I see ye, Remus! What can I get yer? Tis yer lady here? Nice to meet you!', asked the middle aged witch bartender. She extended her hand and shook hands with them.

'Hello, Dricella!', said Remus merrily, loud as to be heard over the loud crowd. He teased Tonks, which she laughed sheepishly. 'I'm getting married soon! This is my future wife, Tonks!'

'Oh my, happy for yer two! Ah, weddings, I remember mine like yesterday.', said the woman. 'Well then it's on the house, two beer comin righ' up?'

'Two pint, Dricella, thanks!'

The woman went away to get some pint glasses. Remus looked at Tonks. He was already excited to be this spontaneous. Tonks was laughing ecstatically.

'You've been here before?'

'I have!', said Remus proudly. 'The Marauders took some brooms from the Quidditch supply on a Sunday. And then we flew anywhere we want. Found this place. There are more crowded town, down the road if you want to check it out.'

'I'm good here.', said Tonks. She looked around, stopped to watch the performers in the corner. 'People seem very nice.'

The pints arrived. 'On the house! Wish ye a happy marriage, ye both!', said the woman. She went away to greet another group of customers.

Tonks cupped Remus' face and kissed him passionately. Leaving Remus in a daze. In a stiffled laugh, she took the pint and drank it. It was cold and refreshing down her throat. Remus took his pint and drank a big gulp. They whispered sweet nothings.