17. Mean

They walked hand in hand. They did not speak from Leaky Cauldron to Grimmauld's Place.

It was odd for Remus. He felt his hand was holding firm with her. But she seemed mad.

When they arrived at the front door, Remus took both of her hands and kissed her.

'Let's take what we have between us slowly, is that fine with you?', asked Remus.

Tonks smiled and nodded. He watched her apparate away.

Remus entered the house. It was quiet. He walked to the kitchen and there was Sirius, eating a bowl of vegetable soup.

'Remus!', shouted Sirius excitedly. The soup on his spoon flew away. 'I see, my dear Moony has change? You didn't come back at all! I'm a proud father!'

Remus smiled in embarassment. Hiding his mood, he left from the kitchen. He could hear Sirius shouting at him to come back.

Remus went to the gramaphone.

The surface was dusty, he casted a spell and immediately it was clean again. He chose a vinyl and played it. This was the time, he remembered, when everything between him and Tonks was new. Back then, he already thought she was cool and interesting. Never would he imagine himself to stick around with her to this day, as a lover.

Remus stayed in the house. He was writing a letter. He wanted to give it to Tonks when she visit him again.

The letter contained his deepest thoughts and feelings of her. He wanted to explain the loving side he felt toward her. He wanted to make things right.

Just then, Harry Potter's head showed up on the fire in the living room's fireplace that he was at.

'Professor Lupin!', shouted Harry.

Remus jumped in surprise to see James' son. 'Harry? What are you doing? Are you here looking for Sirius?'

'Yeah! I need to speak with him!'

It was a welcoming distraction from Remus' buzzing mind about Tonks. He enjoyed talking to Harry and he knew Sirius would be delighted to have Harry see him.

Remus called on Sirius. When Harry's name mentioned, Sirius came into the room quickly like a hurricane.

Harry asked about a dream and clues about You-know-who. It wasn't the best conversation, but they both had to admit it was an important one.

It took them off guard when Harry mentioned a black door similar to the Department Of Mysteries. Remus and Sirius looked at each other. They had an understanding toward one another.

Harry musn't know the door to Department of Mysteries. It might be how You-know-who dived into Harry's mind.

They simply acted like they didn't know what he's talking about.

Remus spoke,'... remember, what Dumbledore said, Harry. You must close your mind from him... How is your progress with Snape, coming along?'

It came out as a shock for Remus and Sirius when Harry told them he didn't make much progress with Snape. It was more shocking to hear Snape had stopped teaching Harry.

'What?!', shouted two men at the same time.

They were both upset to hear Snape's incapability to teach him properly. Remus wished he understood Occlumency and Ligilimency. If so, he would volunteer to teach Harry instead of Snivellus.

Sirius was more threatening. His dislike toward Severus was already bad enough. To add the knowing that his godson did not get the proper helping hand from Severus, while Dumbledore trusted him, was utterly insulting.