59. Uninvited

Dora woke up at noon. Remus took her on a short walk behind the house. They walked side by side, holding each other's hands.

Remus had to talk about Dora's situation. Under the bright sunlight, he explained to her what she had to do and not to do. He hoped she would understand by explaining to her. He mentioned his own concerns and her parents' concerns.

Dora looked back at the house for a moment, wondering about her parents. Then she focused on him again.

Dora had to stay in the house until the baby comes out.

She understood. She told him as so.

For several days, Remus, Dora, and Andromeda always stayed in the house.

Ted continued his usual part-time work as a Wizarding wood carver. He was out on the day and came home before dinner.

***
One fine evening, Remus was reading a book. An otter patronus stopped in front of him. It belonged to Arthur.

We need you. We'll gather at Shell Cottage in the evening. Anyway, sorry about last time.

Dora was in the room with him. She heard the message clearly. She didn't quite want him to leave without her, but it was for the best.

She gave him a simple smile. Dora walked past him to get to her bedroom.

He saw her touch her belly. He knew the infant was growing, day by day.

***
Remus went away in the day and came back late at night.  Everyday.

On occasions, he didn't come home at all.

Sometines he would stop by the house to tell Dora that he would be gone in about a week.

His frequent coming and going made Dora feel stressed. Which Andromeda always reminded her that it wasn't good for the baby.

To distract herself, Dora would help her dad with the carving works. Sculpting wood by zapping spells from her wand became therepeutic. She now knew of why her dad liked it so much.

When Remus would come over to the house, he always looked dreadful and tired.

He wasn't quite keen to talk about things going on with him. He only asked for a cup of tea, a bath, and rest. Dora felt distanced from him at these moments.

She didn't like it.

Remus would only tell her about the Order if she asked. If she didn't, it was null that he ever mention anything.

Dora became accustomed to reading the Daily Prophet. Even though the contents were mostly false and a big joke, which she knew.

For the least, it only to male her feel connected to the outside world.

***
Dora started keeping tabs of what Remus told her when she asked.

So far she got:

1. The surviving good aurors from the wedding incident, were now working for the Order. There were seven of them. They volunteered to work under Kingsley's orders.

Three aurors came back to the Department of Aurors to pretend they survived the battle. They kept their eyes peeled to what the Auror Department was conducting.