33. Werewolf Town

Tonks and Tom arrived in front of a cave in the middle of Mendip Hills. They arrived on midday. The woods were chriping with birds. There were only her and Tom Shanks.

'Alright. Alright.', said Tom irritatedly, 'we're here in the English Werewolf Town. Also known as EWT. When you enter this cave, you'll meet other werewolves like me. Now, we're done here, right? Get me off right now!'

'Not so fast, Tom. You know this place better than I do. I need a guide. You'll stick with me until I found a werewolf whose name is Remus Lupin.'

'Ugh... fine. Who is this man anyway? Why are you looking for him?'

'None of your business. All you need to do is tell me directions.'

'Well it is my business now, if you want to find him.' Tom's bold statement was a bad idea for himself. Tonks drew out her wand at his forehead. He gulped nervously. 'Alright... I'm sorry.'

Tonks retreated her wand. She hid it under her tight sleeve. 'Show me the way, Tom.', she said. With Tom in her grasp, they both entered the cave.

It was dark. Tonks couldn't see anything. But Tom seemed to know where he was going. She was dragged around in the darkness. One too many times, she stumbled by some rocks or something she didn't know, and she almost fell into a hole. She held him tighter and cursed at him loudly. 'I swear, if you lead me into the edge of a cliff, I will drag you down with me.', said Tonks. The man laughed nervously.

They walked for awhile until Tonks saw a light in the distance. Slowly, she heard sounds of people and clamoring of things. It sounded like when you are in a market.

Giant holes on rocky ceiling made sunlights shine through. Giving light in the inner cave of the town.

There were Gangways of shops. Wolf-like people were roaming around in cheerful laughter and loud conversations. Some were shoppers and some were sellers. There were loud people of sellers trying to get some buyers to their shops.

Tonks kept her hand hard on Tom's arm, but she disguised it as if she was strolling along with him. He looked at her confusedly at first, but then ignored it.

It was a bit terrifying and fascinating. She had never been around werewolves. Not even being around them civilly, except, Remus.

There were men, women, and children, dressed up casually like decent citizens. Though their obvious odd features were visible. They were much hairier and had long nails and sharp teeth.

Some of them had every teeth shaped as fangs. Those types, Tonks wouldn't mess around with. One or two of them looked at Tonks weirdly. She immediately looked away. 'Do I look so out of place? Tell me.', asked Tonks in a whisper.

Tom looked at her and gave a winning smirk. 'What?! Are you scared? Well you don't look like any one of us.'

By that response, Tonks immediately changed her look. She had bushy sideburns and snouted looking nose. She grew her nails a bit longer. She was now looking like everyone else. Tom was in awe and irritation. 'You're a shapeshifter?'

'You could say that.', said Tonks in short. She did not bother to explain herself. Tom frowned. He did not like his capturer's capability. He would not be as honest if he knew.

They walked deeper into the cave. Sunlights were shining brightly down from many holes up on the rocky ceiling. It was like the town had huge limelights.

They made it to town square. It seemed that the people around were calmer and not as packed as the market.

A sudden male voice spoke, 'Tom?!'