44. Visiting Mr and Mrs Tonks

They arrived in a simple one storey house. It was located on an upland field. You could see muggle village's square down at the distance. The house had thick trees and plain fields around it. The grasses around the house were patchy, green and brown. The back of the house were welcoming to a forest.

Dora looked at her husband. He was unsure with himself. He had accompanied her home a couple of times here, but today, he seemed to have a real good look at the brownish coloured home.

'You ready? Nervous?', asked Dora.

Remus gave a reassuring smile to her. 'Yes, a bit. But I'm ready to meet your parents.'

Dora walked up to the front door. She knocked. She got her wand and aimed at the lock. Chanted alohamora. She was confused. Usually she could get in, but this time she couldn't.

'They might be more cautious since You-know-who is known in the public.', Remus said.

'Oh, you're right.', she said. She knocked on the door. Calling for her mum or dad. It took several times until her mum's voice replied back from inside the house.

Andromeda Tonks asked a personal question to her daughter. She asked about her first changing hair colour. Dora told her it was green.

'Green, interesting.', teased Remus. Dora sniggered at him. And continued asking a question to her mum. She asked how many final exams she had taken until she finally passed to be an auror. Her mother replied three. Then her mother opened the door.

Andromeda Tonks had her wand pointed out cautiously. Her husband stood behind her, also had his wand up. Andromeda started tearing up by seeing her daughter alive and healthy. But then she noticed a man beside her.

'Who's he, Dora?', asked Andromeda, pointing her wand at him.

Dora looked back at Remus. They smiled to each other. 'He's my husband.', as she said it, her parents gasped and vocalized shocking voices.

Unable to form words to what she said, her parents eyed at Remus.

'I'll explain inside.', she said.

Remus felt awkward walking into the house for the first time. Her parents stared at him sharply in disbelief.

Andromeda closed the door and locked the door with wordless unusual spell. She and her husband stared in bewilderment. They could not process what she meant. It did not latch onto their heads.

'Mum, dad, meet my husband, Remus John Lupin. Remus, this is my mum, Andromeda Tonks, and my dad, Edward Tonks.', said Dora in a nervous hope.

Remus shook each of their hands, politely. Plastered an appropriate smile and warm eye contact. 'My pleasure to meet both of you.'

Dora's parents shook his hand, but they did not creep up a smile. Dora looked at her dad, even he, the all loving parent, her favorite, was tense like she never witnessed before.

Remus spoke, 'O-oh and we brought gifts, for both of you, they are books. Dora told me, you liked books and so do I, so, here you go.' He handed out the books.

They were not impressed of his attempt. They were determined not to welcome him at all. Ted took the books but he did not thank him.

'Husband?', spoke Andromeda skeptically. 'H-how? When? Dora, explain.'

Dora gulped. She did not expect her mum, and surprisingly her dad, to act distantly like this. They had always showered her with love. She had never see them act this way.

Remus had cold feets. He saw Ted Tonks eyeing him dangerously.

Mr Tonks' wand subtly aimed at his chest. Mrs Tonks leered between him and her daughter.