20. Mysteries Tragedy

The two of them rushed out from the bedroom and caught up with Tonks, Kingsley, and Moody who was in the same height of panic as them. Their eyes were wide. No one was wasting time.

'We need to get to the Ministry! Now!', said Moody loud and clear.

They hurriedly went out of the house.

'Meet us in the lobby!', spoke Moody. Everyone nodded and apparated themselves to The Ministry of Magic.

Moody, Tonks, and Kingsley arrived in the main entrance of the Ministry. In ease, they entered the building.

Remus and Sirius arrived from the visitor's entrance. Their wands were out.

As they entered the old red telephone boot in a corner street, a woman's voice appeared. She was welcoming them in a leisure fashion. Before she could finish a word, Sirius interrupted immediately in agony, 'Visiting Department of Mysteries to save a boy!'

'Very well', said the woman's professional voice, ' Please take your pin before entering The Ministry of Magic. Please check your wands by the lobby before continuing your visit, thank you.'

The three of them hurriedly took the pins from the coin changer. It was written: rescue mission. They put it on quickly and the telephone booth started descending.

Even though Remus was nervous, he was attaining a calm composure. Sirius was agitated, his eyes darting all around the corner.

They got out from the booth. They searched for the others. Everyone met near giant statues in the wide lobby. Their wands were out. The three aurors pointed at them before realizing it was only Sirius and Remus.

'Keep your eyes peeled of any suspicious activity!', spoke Moody, 'Don't let your guards down!'

The five of them started running. They had to find Harry as fast as they could. They passed the empty wand checkpost at ease, as there were no guards on site.

'That is odd! No guards!', shouted Kingsley as they went past the post.

Tonks clicked the lift button. They got inside the lift, heading for Department of Mysteries.

It went down onto the deepest level of the floor. They stopped on a floor. It had a dark hallway, filled with dim torchlights.

The atmosphere were thick and gloomy than the rest of the office floors.

Their wands were held up and they breezed on. They Made a turn and there it was, the black door. The door that they weren't so keen to enter.

Kingsley looked at everyone, who was as tense as he, then he opened the door himself.

They entered.

The door behind them closed itself. They were in a circular room full of other closed doors. The room was lit by blue fires on candles.

Then something happened. The walls started spinning.

'What's happening?', Remus asked, calmly.

'Don't know, no one I know has ever been here.', said Kingsley.

The walls stopped spinning. 'You've got to be kidding me.', said Sirius.

'Let's try openning each doors together.', said Sirius.

They followed Sirius' plan. Each of them picked a door. They put their hand on a handle.

'Alright, on a count of three, we will open a door and if it's the prophecy room, we'll get in there in no time.', said Sirius. He saw that everyone were ready. 'Alright... one, two, three!'