50. Pregnant

The potion that Muriel made, it wasn't to be drunk. It was to be peed in it. Dora got nervous. What if it was not? She hoped the colour changed from this white colour potion to green. She did it in the bathroom. She waited. Waited until the colour changed.

Dora screamed.

'What is it?!', asked Muriel from the bedroom.

Dora started crying out of happiness.

It was true. She was pregnant. The potion turned green instead of red. Which indicated that there was life inside her.

Muriel was astonished as well, to have someone in her house, pregnant.

This occurance bonded the two women. Muriel had never been so happy in quite awhile. Molly would be surprised if she saw Muriel's happy expression.

Muriel told her that she was six weeks pregnant. She explained it to Dora.

'Honestly girl, how could you not realized this entire time?', said Muriel.

***

House laws were still strict, but Dora was given some slack for pregnancy. She was allowed to have breakfast in bed, instead of in the dining room.

In the evening, Muriel talked a lot about Molly's children. She had watched over her children many times.

She had looked after Percy, Fred, George, and Ron. She was very close to Percy. He was her favorite out of Molly's children. An exact opportunistic type.

Muriel had never been married. Let alone having children. She told her that men found her intimidating. She was quite aggressive back in her day. Men didn't like that type of woman.

'But I'm content without a man in my life, now. I realized that eventually.', said Muriel. 'I get to watch my niece's family. My sister, Molly's mother, moved quite far away after the death of... well... Fabian and Gideon... While I'm here, closer to Molly's family. I get to see them whenever I want!'

'Glad that you're happy Muriel.', said Dora.

***
Kingsley and Moody finally arrived. Dora had been waiting by the window, near the front door. She saw them approach the house. She opened the front door to greet the two men.

'Morning.', said Moody quickly.

Kingsley gave Dora the portkey. It was wrapped with a cloth. Dora received it and watched them apparate away.

'Who was that? Your Order friends? Was it Molly?', asked Muriel.

'No, it was fellow aurors.', said Dora, after closing the door. 'They made the portkeys.'

'Oh, good... Now what?', asked Muriel sternly.

'I'll put this portkey somewhere... Can I put it around here?'

'Oh no, that can't do. I won't have a rustic oil can lying around in the house!', said Muriel.

'A-alright, I'll put it in front of the-'

'No! Don't put it anywhere visible. I don't want any neighbours to see such ugly thing anywhere in my house.'

'But Muriel, your neighbours won't be able to visit you when the fi-'

'No! Put it in the garden if you must.', said Muriel. She glared menacingly.

'Fine, I'll put it around a bush or something. And after that I'll make a fidelius charm, alright, for your safety and mine and Ron.'

'Well hopefully no Death Daters would follow in suit of my peaceful home.'

'Yes, hopefully not. I can go to my parents instead... hopefully.', said Dora.