4. Alastor Moody

Remus arrived back at Dedalus Diggle's house after being interrogated. When he knocked, he was usurped quickly into the house.

He saw Sirius as himself, not as a dog, while eating crumpets and tea at Diggle's dinner table. The Black curly haired man was glowing in delight.

Diggle welcomed Remus happily. Remus sat down at the dinner table, followed by Diggle. Sirius asked about what happened.

'They interrogated me. They're still looking for you, Sirius. And I met Mad-Eye there. He knows you're with me now. Which means you have to be more well hidden.'

Sirius fell in gloom. Diggle felt sorry for him.

'Thank you for the hospitality Diggle, we will update you again when Dumbledore wants everyone gathered.', said Remus.

Remus and dog-Sirius apparated from Diggle's backyard after they said their goodbyes. When they were back inside Grimmauld's Place, Remus told every detail of what he experienced in the Ministry to his friend.

'They're looking for you. I don't think talking with Harry would be wise. I feel that they would check this place too.'

Sirius was not happy that he had to stay out of things. 'I shpuld show up in some places but here, yeah.'

'What?'

'So they don't bother checking here! I need them to think they are able to track me down. I have to show my face somewhere. Far away from here, and anywhere else away from Harry. I still want to talk to him.'

Remus looked at Harry's white barn owl which was still in the house. 'If you really want to talk to Harry that much... You might want to consider not using his owl.'

Sirius contemplated for awhile before taking Remus' suggestions. He began to write back to Harry the last letter until some other while.

***

The next day, Remus was ready to see Sirius off in a heavy heart. 'Safe adventure, Paddy.'

'You too.', said Sirius. He seemed to feel more excited, as he could wander around and not stay in a depressing house.

He flew away with Buckbeak.

Remus went to an owl post office at Diagon Alley. He sent a message to Dumbledore. Updating him of Sirius' act and about the gathering of the members.

...Four more members to go, Dumbledore, while Padfoot is currently on the run. With him gone, I will stay with my father...

Remus continued the mission alone. It was more efficient somehow, without fearing about Sirius' disguise all the time.

To his expectation, his father was happy to have him in the house. He told his father that he would stay for awhile and work part time near the town. It only took a say. Remus didn't even go out to find a job.

Some days later, an owl arrived. He got an immediate response from Dumbledore.

Meet me at Grimmauld's Place tonight. You must stay there. I'll be the secret keeper. I need you to keep an eye out of that place until Sirius comes back.

Remus looked at his father, awkwardly. His father was reading a book, sitting on a couch near a fireplace.

'Um... father- I need to apologize... I don't think I would be staying longer.', said Remus.

'What? But you told-'

'I know... I, um... I got accepted a new job somewhere else. The pay is better than here.'