18. Finding

Remus and Arthur had already woken and got ready. The sun hadn't come up, Arthur wanted Molly to take more hours of rest, but he found his wife already in the kitchen, preparing meals.

Arthur regretted telling Molly that they need to get out earlier for Remus to see Tonks. When the two men joined Molly in the kitchen, she had made them full breakfast.

After the morning feast, Arthur kissed Molly before leaving by floo network.

'Good luck, Remus!', spoke Molly before Remus disappeared in the green fire.

They arrived in the Ministry. There were not a lot of staff yet. Mostly key workers to prepare the building functions.

They quickly got through security and got into a lift. They went to the designated floor.

At the auror office, there were some people who were already there, including Kingsley.

This time, Arthur and Remus got inside the office. They greeted Kingsley good morning. Kingsley greeted them back in a wide smile.

Kingsley looked around for Tonks. 'That's odd. I told her yesterday evening you were coming over, Remus. I thought she would stay to see you.'

This time, in no doubt, Remus knew Tonks was avoiding him. He was upset.

'Alright... do you know where she is?'

'Of course, in Surrey.', said Kingsley.

'Any address? I would like to meet her.'

'I'm sorry, I can't tell you that. That's confidential.'

'Come on Kingsley, I just want to see Tonks.'

'I'm sorry, I can't tell you.'

Remus grew frustrated.

Arthur and Kingsley looked at each other awkwardly. Remus composed himself and fixed a smile. 'No, it's okay then. I'll just wait in You-know-where. She'll pop by eventually.', said Remus.

He excused himself back to the Safehouse.

Remus hung anging around with Sirius. Though mostly, they didn't talk to each other. Sirius has given up trying to cheer up Remus after half an hour.

Remus sat at a chair near a fireplace. He read for the hundredth times of the letter he wrote for Tonks.

The folded lines of the letters were very creased, it had been opened and folded multiple times. He wished he could give this letter to her by now.

He kept staring at it, the words has been memorised. He was tired of it.

Then suddenly, a paper plane swooped in. It was levitating in front of him. A flying memo, which he had seen above his head when he was in a lift at the Ministry.

Remus took the levitating paperplane memo. It stopped flying and rested in his hand. He read it and no doubt that it was Tonks' handwriting. He hurried out to the hallway, hoping she was there. But the hallway was empty.

He looked down to read what it was.

So you're looking for me now, are you? Took you long enough, just to realize you love me. Meet me by the lake in the park.

'Sirius! I'm going out!', shouted Remus. He put the small letter and his own letter inside his shabby suit jacket. He went out and apparated to the park he had gone with Tonks.

He arrived in the middle of tall bushes. The muggles couldn't see him. He came out from a bush like nothing happened. He started looking around for a woman that looked like Tonks, or any woman who was alone. He would ask a woman if she was her, but everyone said no.