23. Auror Office

Tonks was dismissed or been taken two days off from work in the Ministry. In the time being, she took this chance to go home and rested. It had been several days that she hadn't come home. She arrived at her family home. Unlocked the front door with magic and got inside. Then she Locked it back as it was.

'Darling, welcome back, I heard the news, thank goodness you're alright.', said her mum.

Tonks' mum and dad were having a nighttime reading. They enjoyed their quality time sitting next to bookshelves in the living room. Each of them had their personal couch. Her dad had a dark green plumpy couch, while her mum had a much leaner style with greyish flowers on it.

Her mum looked a bit like Bellatrix Lestrange, though her hair colour was more light brown than her sister. She had far kinder expression than her. The mum's name was Andromeda Tonks. Her husband, he was a muggle-born wizard named Ted Tonks.

Ted had a very fatherly style to him. A homey kind of man. Dad was Tonks' favorite parent. Andromeda knew, but she didn't want to admit it.

Tonks stayed silent and rushed to her bedroom. Her mum and dad looked at each other, confused to see their only child was in a bad temper.

'I think she's mad.', whispered Ted, stated the obvious.

'...I'll talk to her.', said Andromeda. She put down a bookmark to the current page. The book was laid down on a coffee table nearby. She went to Tonks' bedroom. She knocked softly.

'Can I come in?', asked Andromeda.

'No...', said Tonks quietly. Nevertheless, Andromeda helped herself into the room. 'I said no, mum. I want to be alone...'

Tonks sunk her face into the pillow. She did not bother herself to clean her dirty clothes before lying down on the clean bed.

Andromeda sat down by the bed. She took out a wand from her pocket and swished a spell to lift all the dirt to vanish.

'What's wrong?', Andromeda asked softly.

'No, nothing important.'

Andromeda heard a sniff. Her daughter was crying under her pillow.

'You know... I just read the news.', said Andromeda, 'You-know-who came back, is it true?'

'It's true...'

'Hmm... I can bet my eyelashes, Bella and Cissy must have been thrilled like chocolate frogs.', she joked. But Tonks didn't laugh. 'You never laugh at my jokes you know, Dora.'

'... it's because it's not funny.'

'Alright, alright... well, if you're hungry, we have minced pie.'

Her mum stood up and walked out from the room. For a second, Tonks wanted to vent her frustration of the man she fancied. She wanted to vent out of frustration. But she refrained. It didn't matter if she told them about him, she thought.

She spent the rest of her days off at home. She was a bit of a lazy egg. Although her parents wasn't at all lazy like her.

Her mum always had something to do in the house. Her dad had his own fair share of work in the house, other than that, he was a woodworker and occasionally an art carver.

***

The next day she got ready for work. Her parents had prepared her a big breakfast. She was delighted with all the bread and jams.

Something to be exact, she was puzzled to see her parents. They always seemed so happy when they're together. So serene looking, interacting with one another.