70. Teddy

Teddy cried.

It was louder and more terrible than he used to cry before.

Andromeda woke up groggily. She stroke Teddy's head in a soft motion.

'Dora... I think he's hungry...', said Andromeda tiredly. 'Dora...'

Andromeda reached out her tired hand to the other bedside. She rubbed around until she realized Dora was gone.

Andromeda sat up to see. Devastated to find her daughter was missing.

Teddy kept crying confidently. It was almost like a shriek.

Andromeda saw something on the empty bedside. She rubbed it and it was a piece of parchment.

She took it. But it was too dark to read. Andromeda got her wand and conjured lumos. The tip of her wand shined.

She could see the words and the expression of the crying baby.

Teddy's hair was ashy grey. He kept crying and crying.

Andromeda held him by her arm. She got the piece of parchment and her wand at her other hand.

She went to the living room with Teddy in her arm.

The radio was only static sounds. The seldom talk of River or what she knew as Lee Jordan was gone. She turned the radio off.

It was unsettling that it felt eerily quiet, although Teddy kept crying.

She pointed her wand to a fireplace and conjured fire to the woodstock.

The living room shined dimly in the dark room.

Teddy kept crying.

Time was 23:57. Andromeda wondered what was going on at Hogwarts.

Something felt off. Something bad. But she could not understand. It was like mourning feeling. Like what she felt about Ted's funeral, but more subtler.

She tried to bounce and rock Teddy to get him to sleep, but he kept crying in a consistent volume.

She read the message.

Andromeda had to sit down. Her strength, was diminishing as she read the letter.

She learned that Hogwarts was having a war with Voldemort's army. Dora left to find Remus. She left her alone with Teddy.

Andromeda found herself sitting on a single couch. It had been moved back to it's original position. She wanted to move it near the window, near the front door again, just like when she waited for Ted. But she did not have the strength to do it right now.

Teddy kept crying.

Despite her grandson's name to sound like her husband, the baby really reminded more of Dora. The changing mood of hair was exactly what Dora would do when she was a baby.

Andromeda bounced him gently, trying to calm him down. She started talking to him for his and her own comfort.

'You know, Teddy, you really look like your mummy...', she spoke as lightheartedly as possible. 'Maybe your dad too, but I'm Dora's mum so I will pick favorite.', Andromeda giggled.

'She can change her hair like you do. I remember her first hair changed to green. It was a delightful surprise. I didn't know there exists a metamorphagus gene in me or grandpa. Dora was special. Just like you.'

'She was a real daddy's girl. She would gang up on me with grandpa to get what she wanted, if I ever disapprove her... She was... everything wonderful.'