25. Bargain

Tonks made herself useful everytime she was in the office.

She had a new interest in filling in crosswords from The Daily Prophet Newspaper. The newspaper floated and there was a self written quill that she recently bought from Weasley's Wizard Wheezes.

'2 down is skrewt!', said Tonks. The quill began writing on the number 2 down boxes.

She finished about 3 words out of 25. She was about to read another riddle on number 5 across, when Arthur Weasley appeared in front of her.

'Good morning, Tonks! I see you're doing something very exciting.'

'Arthur! Good to see you! Yeah, what do you think of number 5 across?'

'Um...', Arthur squinted his eyes, reading the riddle, 'Oh! Heartstring of course.'

'5 across is heartstring!', said Tonks enthusiastically. 'Thanks, Arthur, alright, what are you here about?'

'Well, in two days, Harry will be staying at the Burrow. I have taken the liberty to pick up Hermione from her house as well. Her parents are lovely.', said Arthur.

Tonks remembered her intrusion at Hermione's house with Remus. She felt bad remembering it.

'Are you able to help carry out your task? Phoenix order.'

Phoenix was Dumbledore's disguised name.

'...O-oh... I hope so, Arthur... I'll speak to Mad-Eye.'

'Alright, you know what to do,' said Arthur with a smile. Then he left.

Tonks noticed Jake was coming over.

'What did you and Arthur Weasley talk about?', asked Jake.

'None of your concern, Jake.'

'If you try to do something funny, you could get fired, consider it as an act of betrayal.'

Tonks stared at Jake. 'Do you think so? What are you gonna do about it?'

Before Jake could speak, Tonks stood up to go to Robards' office.

'Get back here!' Said Jake in a low angry voice. He looked around, glared on one auror who was looking. The auror looked away.

Tonks stood in front of Robards' office. She knocked on the door.

A voice from inside told her to come in. Jake felt scandalized by Tonks' dare. He waited in irritation.

Tonks entered Robards' office. The man looked at her. With a surprise look, he greeted Tonks.

'...to what occasion, which I have the pleasure to see you today, Nymphadora Tonks?'

'I need your permission, sir. Let me talk to Alastor Moody and Rufus Scrimgeour in the Prime Minister's Office.', said Tonks.

'Why? Is it Albus Dumbledore's order?', asked Robards. Tonks said a simple yes. 'Very well, you may go.'

Tonks thanked him. She excused herself. She was about to hold the door handle when the head of auror spoke again, 'Although I'm deeply concerned with your allegiancy... you ought to put this in your report also.', said Robards.

She turned around for a moment to have a say. 'Of course... all I want is to stop Voldemort and his followers, sir.', she said.

She took a head bow and continued to walk out.

Outside of his office, Tonks noticed Jake was waiting. He followed her.

In annoyance she paused in her track and looked at him, 'I'm being released, Jake. Stop following me or you'll answer to Scrimgeour yourself.'