38|Show Me Tapes

-A L I V I A L E W I S-

One Year Later

I parked the car outside of Brandon's flat and locked the car before making my way inside. The door was already opened for me and I locked it in relief, finally away from the hot sun. It's been weird weather today. "Livi!" Brandon shouted, it was muffled but I barely paid attention to it.

Brandon finally stopped avoiding me one month after I returned. He told me that he's over it and here we are, still friends and that's all. "Yeah, did Lils reply?" I asked while walking to the living room. The three of us were supposed to watch some new show together on Netflix. When movies are concerned we go to Brandon's place because he has the biggest TV.

"Or is she with Paisley?" I continued with a smirk on my face. It's fun to annoy him with Paisley. Let's just say he's not too fond of Lily's new boyfriend. I like him, he brings out the good parts of Lily when he's around. So I don't get her bitchy side all the time.

The phone slipped from my hands when I noticed all the men dressed in expensive black suits. Two of them held Brandon back, blood dripping from the corner of his eye and I can easily tell he was punched by the swollen and red spots on his face. I reach into my boot where there was a customized knife between the sole of the shoes.

"Alivia," the deep voice stopped me and I froze when I locked eyes with the man. I gulped hard and straightened my back. "Who the bloody fuck are you?" I cursed. They didn't want to harm me, I gathered that because no guns were pointing at my forehead.

Or arrows.

"You know who we are. Boys take the filthy bastard away, Miss Marakai and I need to have a little chat," the man in charge said and the men obliged to his command. A shiver ran down my spine, it's been a year since I've heard that name. I've been trying to find that man for months and every trace I get, they try to kill me. Let's just say Caylix's gift came in very handy. The car too, sweet Jesus I'm in love with that car. He smirks when he noticed he gonna a likable reaction.

"Stop!" I shout and stopped the men from leaving. They turn and look at the chocolate brown eyes. Caylix was trying to be his brother and he had brown eyes. That's why he wore contacts mostly when we were in public. "We won't hurt him until I'm finished speaking with you. Take him away," Kayden flicks his hand and they leave, practically dragging Brandon behind them. "Hey! Be careful!" I demanded while they leave through the back exit.

"What do you want? That's an innocent man, do you think you will get away with this?" I snapped, growing furious. Kayden remains calm, walking forward and I wanted to cower away. He was intimidating and with a simple stare, he can bring people to their knees. "Let's go to the coffee shop next door, I'm sure you'd trust me better if we were in public," Kayden assumed.