15|punches

-A L I V I A L E W I S-

Ashley throws another punch at my jaw and I stumble back

Ashley throws another punch at my jaw and I stumble back. It only fed into the massive headache I already had. "Alivia, you need to block the punches!" Cassy scolded. I'm out of it today. It's my first time training with them and it isn't going so well. I guess staying up speaking to Killian wasn't a smart choice.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry," I apologized and wiped the sweat off my face. They were all exhausted and so was I. Working out at the gym part was fine but certainly not now in the boxing ring. So many eyes were on me, watching my every move. All I wanted to do was sleep. Was that so much to ask for. "I give up," Ashley sighed and unsnapped her boxing gloves.

Now I feel bad.

She threw it on the floor and walks out of the boxing ring without another word. "I love you, Liv but you're making everything worst by not cooperating," She mumbled with soft eyes. She's right. I know she is. Kayden pushed the ropes apart and stepped into the boxing ring. My eyes widened in fear. He looked intimidating and scary as fuck.

I guess my lazy behavior pissed him off. My eyes went down his body, to his muscles and fists. He could beat me to a pulp in three seconds. No doubt. "What are you doing?" I blurted out and observed and he tightened the gloves he was already wearing.

"You aren't taking Ash seriously. I know you will take me seriously and I really need to know what you can do. This isn't fun and games, Alivia," his voice held so much power that it made me speechless. What do I say to that?

"Just fight back, block the punches. I don't want to hurt you." He pleaded and I nod my head while taking my stance. "Please, block the punches," Kayden repeated before attempting to hit me. I was a bit distracted by the repetition of words which told me that he's begging me not to get hit.

Thankfully, I blocked his punch and the other that followed. A smile breaks out on his face and I rolled my eyes before I punching his jaw that threw him off guard. The aim was to block his punches. Not punch him. My hand stung like a bitch after but it faded away. Thank god I was also wearing the gloves. I took that opportunity to punch his chest and kick his lower stomach.

What was I thinking?

"Shit, I'm so sorry! I didn't mean that," I blurted out and quickly checked to see if he was okay. I must've gotten so caught up in the moment. Kayden grabbed my leg and pulled it, forcing me to fall on my back hard on the mat. "Fuck," I groaned in pain. I knew I should've kicked him in his balls. Now I regret being somewhat nice.

Not giving up, I reached up and pulled Kayden's foot forward causing him to fall but instead of leaning backward, he leans forward. That lead to him falling on top of me. Not all his weight was on me since he had both of his hands buried into the mat beside my head. "Guess you didn't think that through," Kayden smirked.

"Neither did you," I pointed out and he rolls his pretty eyes. That's the best feature about him. His eyes without the brown contacts and right now, we were so close I could see every detailed speck about him. My eyes dropped to his lips for a second, a split second that makes my body heated.

The word falls apart, I can only see him, feel him, and hear his irregular breathing. It felt so impossible to take my eyes off him and I realized Kayden felt the same. He made no effort of moving until he blinked his eyes repeatedly. We're thrown back into reality and he pulled himself off my body.

Within a minute, he stormed out of the gym without another word. Ashley runs back into the ring and helped me to my feet. "Are you okay?" She asked after everyone was gone. "Yeah, of course," I lied. I don't know how to feel right now. My body reacts weirdly around Kayden.

"Are you sure? Did something happen between you and Kayden? Because the way you two were just looking at each other was...different," Ashley trails off. My eyebrows furrowed, I hated that everyone saw that. The most I can do is forget what I felt during the moment. "Of course, nothing happened between us. I don't know what you're talking about," I canceled her thought.

Ashley wasn't convinced at all. "The tension between you two just now...that was sexual tension," she says. I blankly stared at her for a second, waiting for her to laugh and say she was joking. But it never comes. She's being serious.

And that's on a delusional friend.