12| Privacy

-A L I V I A L E W I S-

-A L I V I A  L E W I S-

Someone was in the room.

I was gone for a couple of minutes only. Ashley said that most of the circle was gone. She said that only she and Cole was at home. I haven't met Cole before. I've met Cassy, Jace, Kayden, Landon, and Ashley. I know of Tori but I haven't met her or Cole yet.

A phone.

With an unfamiliar phone number. Well, thìnk. The only phone number I had memorized was my own and that's it. Of course, I don't hold back on opening the box to reveal the phone. Weirdly again, the phone was already turned on and upon investigating further, it had all of my contacts, pictures, and messages just like my previous phone. All of my data was transferred into this phone...but how?

Who would do that?

Before doing anything else, I walk out of the room limping to grab the keys that were hanging on the wall opposite my room door in the hallway. It was how everyone got into my room so easily, there was my room key hanging on the wall conveniently. After it was in my possession, I locked the door and returned to the phone on the bed.

The phone number.

I should call the number.

Or see if it's someone I already had stored. I pulled up the keypad and dialed the number. "What the..." the familiar voice mumbled from outside the door. My eyes widened and without thinking about it, I pulled the blanket over the phone box and everything. "Alivia, let me in!" Kayden pounded his fists at the door angrily.

How is he home?

He wasn't a couple of minutes ago.

He's been gone for the past three days.

"Alivia! I swear if you're not in your room you'll pay for this!" He continued and that's when I bolted to the door- as quickly as I can- to open it. Kayden's brown eyes flooded with relief and his body relaxed at my sight. "Why did you lock the door? Where is the key?" He growled, his jaw clenching scarily.

"Privacy. I deserve privacy," I sighed. My hand that was on the inner doorknob was shaking. Kayden looked so scary right now and I was so close to him that his breath hit my face. If I stepped back that gave him an opportunity to enter the room. His eyes narrow for a second," then keep the bathroom door open. I need to be able to reach you at all times," he compromised.

"What if I'm changing?" I wondered, tilting my head to the side as I challenged. Usually, the guy would blush like crazy and run away. Not him. He doesn't even flinch. "I don't care. There's a closet for a reason. Now choose, Alivia," he brushed off the topic impatiently. "Bathroom," I simply say before shutting the door and locked it with my index finger. Silently, I tiptoed to the bathroom door and locked that as well before running back to the phone.

The number that shows up on my phone was one I already had stored.

It was Killian's phone number.

I let out a shaky breath before pressing the call button and walked into the closet, furthest away from any eavesdropping outside the doors. On the second ring, my stomach drops as he finally answers. "Livia," Killian breathed, the relief yet tiredness in his voice was obvious. Before I can say anything else, he hit me with a bunch of questions. "Did they hurt you? Are you okay? Where did you get a phone? Where are you? I'm so sorry, Alivia. How are you?" He rambled off.

"Killian, relax. I'm fine...well somewhat. They're keeping me in this house...I live with the circle, Killian. They're really kind and that's even worst. Not Kayden though..." I mumbled softly. The fear of getting caught only sunk in deeper.

"Did they hurt you? H-He promised dad he wouldn't- I swear if they hurt you they're going to pay," Kayden demanded. "No, they didn't," I lied, swallowing after that was so hard. I hate lying, I hate when people lie. It disgusts me. But here I was. "That's a relief. What do they want with you? I'm getting you out of there, Alivia. I promise, and then you're going back to New York. The three of us are," Killian was so sure of himself as he promised these things.

"Three?" I questioned.

"Kieron and I...he's in a bad shape, Liv. They really hurt him and it would wreck me if they hurt you too," he mumbled over the phone. My stomach churned and my eyes shut tightly as the tears threatened to escape. I knew I cry easily, but I didn't expect thinking of Kieron tortured would've made me cry this easily.

"Please get me out of here," I whimpered desperately. "I will, little sis. I promise, just give me some time, hold on," Killian promised and then I became to feel what hope once felt like.