Chapter Two

Jordan's POV

Good news are I won't be homeless this month.

I was able to pay off to my bastard of a land lord on time on monday and he seemed quite disappointed about it — probably because he was looking forward to kicking me out.

Bad news are that I still live there.

The hate love relationship I have with my appartment won't ever stop until I move out and looking at my bank account that won't happen anytime soon— so I'll just suck it up as I've done for the last four years.

It was now Friday again and after a week of extensive convincing tactics I managed Wade to let me on shifts on Friday's too since I need the money and don't want Bob breathing down my neck this month as well.

Tonight Zoey had asked me if I could check in an hour before my shift since she couldn't stay till eleven tonight. I didn't question her and accepted, she offered to pay me the extra hour but I refused. I might have not gone to college but I know it's expensive — especially while living away from home and on your own.

"You are a life saver Jordan thank you." Zoey said as I walked to the bar.

I chuckled, "It's not really a problem."

"Still thanks."

I nodded.

"So, what's the hurry do you have a date or something?" I asked as I got behind the stool. There weren't many people at the club yet which gave me freedom to speak to Zoey briefly.

"It's— it's not a date just a group project for one of my classes." She responded shyly yet a bit defensively.

"That's how romance stories start Zoe," I joked making her roll her eyes.

"Shut up Jordan," Zoey lightly pushed my shoulder as I laughed.

"Go get some!" I yelled at her as she walked away — all she did was look back at me with a smirk and flip me off.

I shook my head and continued to drying some glasses and attending every person that came for a drink. Eventually as the night passed by I moved to serve tables in the VIP section for some hours before going back to the bar so I could finish my last two hours of work on it. Even though serving on the VIP section gives way better tips that's not my main job in the club, so I had to stick to bartending—which I don't really complain about, is a bit less complicated between the two.

"Hello is Jordan here?" I barely heard over the music as someone said my name.

I looked up and to my surprise not far from me in the booth was the redhead from the other night speaking to Bash and seemingly asking for me. I then saw my coworker point her to where I was and she seemed taken aback when she noticed I was already looking their way.

Olivia came to where I was and spoke, "Hi."

I asked Bash to take charge of the bar for a moment while I spoke to the redhead — I walk to the other side of the booth so I can talk to her properly.

"Look I didn't steal anything, your sister was with me the whole time and I left as quick as I entered. Besides I'm not the kind to steal, it was kind judgmental to suppose in the first place but anyway."

She tilted her face and had a confused smile accompanied by a light frown, "My what? Sorry I don't understand what you're talking about."

I sighed.

"Doesn't matter. What I mean is that I didn't steal anything from your house or whatever."

"Oh! No, no—I didn't come here because I thought that you stole anything." She moved her hands while speaking.