Chapter Twenty Eight

Jordan's POV

"Congratulations to the new firefighter!" Dalton came and lifted me off my feet in a hug. Once he put me down I was quickly swept off my feet again but this time by Rob.

"Dude I'm so proud of you!" Rob came and hugged me as well.

"Okay all of you move, it's my turn for a hug." Chris pushed my giant friend off of me and I was engulfed in yet another hug. "Well done casanova, I knew you could do it and by the way, you look so sexy in an uniform."

"Thanks, but it's not that big of a deal real." I said once we broke away from the hug.

"Stop dismissing your achievementsthis is a fantastic moment for you." Vivianna spoke as she came into view with her usual cheerful smile on her face and I received yet another hug I don't think I've ever been hugged this much before.

"But—" A pointed glance from Vivianna made me shut my mouth mid sentence.

I turned my gaze to the side, where there was standing both Olivia and Savannahthe later who seemed to be rather bored but that was to be expected, however I was surprised the teenager had decided to tag along to my graduation. "Well I will definitely never hug you so... I guess congratulations, hobo."

"I wasn't expecting one, kiddo, but I do appreciate the intention. Thank you." I extended my arm out towards her with my hand formed into a fistwhen she understood what I was trying to do she rolled her eyes and bumped my fist with her's.

Glancing away from the teenager, I looked up to finally meet eyes with the red headthings between Olivia and I have been better than they were, yet there's still that awkwardness lingering between the two of us the big elephant in the room that is yet to be addressed.

The week after the trip to the lake house I accidentally found out via Chris that Olivia had broken up with Amyit came as a surprise to me, I honestly didn't think she would end it with her, it made me wonder if it had something to do with what I said to her or our kiss. Chris had told me that apparently they both had too many differences and it was for the best to break things up, so there's that.

Instead of feeling guilty for probably being one of the reasons for their breakupI didn't, I just felt some kind of hope inside of me.

"Congratulations Jordan, I'm proud of you." Olivia spoke with pure sincerity dripping from her words.

"Thank you Olivia... I'm happy you came." I'm pretty sure I looked like a fool in a daze, but that's something that lately I have been unable to avoid when it comes to herdespite the slight awkwardness between us.

I hate this feeling.

"Of course, I wouldn't miss it."

I then felt the weight of an arm around my shoulder. "Okay Romeo, we need to go and celebrate! Wade couldn't make it here but he said he'll meet up later with us." Rob explained as his arm squeezed me.

"That sounds great but we have a kid with us." Vivianna pointed to Savannah who was distracted on her phone.

"I'm not a kid." The grumbled while not facing away from her phone.

"We can all go eat to a restaurant and afterwards hangout at my place." Olivia looked at everyone who started to agree with the planlastly turning to me again to see if I agreed with it.

I nodded my head, "Sounds good, let's do it." I responded while looking at the red head.

I need to get it together.