Chapter Thirty Seven

Olivia's POV

It's been two days since I've known anything about Jordan. Rob told me yesterday that she should appear today, yet Dalton texted me to tell me she missed work again. I don't want to worry because Rob told me this was a normal thing she does every year... but how can I not worry about her?

Sometimes I hate how mysterious Jordan is.

It's not that she has to tell me everything she does, because she does not. We are not officially dating and I understand that, but a heads up would be enough. A 'hey I'm going to disappear and not answer my phone for a whole day! Don't worry I'm not dead.' Something like that would be enough to ease my worries.

"Liv... Olivia!" Vivianna weaved her hand in front of my face, trying to get my attention.

I shook my head, "Sorry what?"

"Well I was asking you what you had for dinner. I'm starving... but that seems to be the last thing on your mind right now. Are you still thinking about where Jordan might be?" Vivianna sat up in the barstool besides me.

I rubbed my temple trying to ease the light headache. "I swear is driving me insane. Is it making me seem clingy?"

"No you are not being clingy, Liv. You are just a concerned girlfriend... not girlfriend, whatever the hell you two are. I can't even call you sex buddies or friends with benefits because you aren't even fucking." Vivianna rested her head on her hand.

"Thanks for remind me of that, you are being just as helpful as Chris, Viv." I rolled my eyes.

"Don't even try comparing, we both know she would not give you a break on reminding you how you two haven't gone beyond some kisses." Vivianna stood from the stool and went to the fridge.

"Good thing she found herself a date for tonight then." I wouldn't be able to deal with Chris's energetic self right now. This was a blessing in disguise.

"It is, she was getting cranky from the lack of sex. She needed to get laid asap." Vivianna closed the fridge—a box of frozen nuggets and fries at hand. "Did I make her sound like a sex addict?"

"Low-key."

"Oh well, she is one... low-key." She went to put the fries inside the air fryer.

"Go ahead help yourself." I said sarcastically.

"Thanks, does the minion living upstairs want some?" My best friend asked referring to my daughter.

"I do." Savannah responded entering the kitchen.

"What about you Liv?"

"No thanks." The least I am right now is hungry. Savannah grabbed a mountain dew from the fridge and sat on top of the counter, "Savannah there's barstools for you to sit in. Get down."

With a sigh the teenager relented and sat opposite of me in a stool. "She's moody because the hobo hasn't come over." Savannah said.

"Savannah-"

"I know. Everyone knows." Vivianna spoke as she cooked the nuggets on the stove.

My life would be less stressful if my best friends didn't constantly team up with my daughter.

"Mom, I'm sure she's okay. Jordan is a weirdo but not stupid." Savannah top a sip of her mountain dew. "She'll be back in no time and you'll be able to be clingy."

I sent her a glare—but of course that only got a chuckle out of my daughter. I watched as Vivianna slid a plate of nuggets in front of her. "Here, eat before your mom decides to put you up for adoption." She said with a mocking smirk on her face.