Chapter Thirty Nine

Jordan's POV

Two sets of holidays came and went.

When I was younger I used to dislike the holidays, even my birthday. All of it thanks to my parentsor more specifically my dad, my mom did try to make it good and bearable as much she could. That much I can admit.

Now the holidays are long forgotten and instead Jade and I are looking forward to the what's next as summer approaches and Jade has finally graduated college after four years.

Four years of college and six years since she was diagnosed... a year since she refused to get put in the transplant list.

I still remember the day she announced the decision, it had been the hardest and most painful day of my life. Her reasoning had been that it would be useless. That being in the list would do nothing more than give false hope to everyone else. That she would be too far down in it, and that she wanted to live the rest of her live one day at a timeno expectation.

Her decision caused a rift between us, for a while all I did was cry and be mad at her. So fucking mad. She had decided that lifethat her life was not worth longer? I felt like she had given up and decided to abandon me. It was like that for months, till I realized it was not fair of me to blame her, to accuse her of those things... maybe there was true in it but I had to support her. My only regret was that it took months of our time together for me to realize.

To realize now more than ever, my time with her was precious and even more limited.

Six years since she was diagnosed, Jade had already surpassed the estimated of five years. That has put everyone on edge, including her parents.

Jade on the other hand is as carefree as ever. So for her sake I pretended to be fine as well, for sake I put the worries in the back of my mind and instead enjoyed our time together.

"So what do you think of this one?" Jade showed me another dress, this was black silky and long. It showcased her cleavage and fitted her in all the right places.

"That one." Was my immediate reply.

"Are you sure?"

I nodded eagerly, "Definitely."

"I should've tried out this one first if I knew it would get this reaction out of you." Jade chuckled as she looked at herself in the mirror.

Tonight we were an especial dinner that me and one of her friend's have arranged. I don't speak much to any of her friend group, not because they are bad people but because I'm extremely socially awkward. Except when it came to Ava, she's the only friend of Jade's I actually talk to without feeling forced to, and she was the one to helped me organize this dinner. Since Jade graduated a few weeks ago and just got her first job I thought it was something worth celebrating. So we made a reservation in her favorite restaurant and I have something else planned for us afterwards.

"I like you in anything... and without anything." I laughed at her roll of eyes as she fought back a smile.

"What are you wearing?" Jade asked me as went through the closet looking for some shoes.

"I'm... not sure yet." That made her stopping searching and instead turn to me with raised brows.

"The dinner is in two hours Jordan."

"Two hours is a long time." I smiled in attempt to ease her visibly increasing stress.

"Jordan..."