Chapter Fifty Five

Jordan's POV

"You just gotta knock, we already made the journey here but we could still go." Olivia tried to give me courage as we stood in front of Jade's parents house... somewhere that used to be my house as well.

"No, it's okay. I want to see them." I took a breath and pressed the doorbell.

We waited for a few seconds until we heard steps and the familiar voice of a woman yelling 'coming' as she neared the door from the other side. Only then did I start to feel my blood run cold and my hands began to sweat.

I was scared, scared of the possible rejection once they opened the door.

I held my breath as the door opened and I was met with familiar blue eyes that resembled the ones Jade had.

Mrs. Foster seemed to be shocked that it was me at the door while I was... speechless. Only when Olivia pulled on my arm did I unfroze.

"Hi..." It was all I managed to say.

"Jordan..." Her blue eyes began to water and before I knew it mrs. Foster had engulfed me in a hug. "Oh my girl."

I sighed at the familiar motherly warm of Lara Foster's embrace and hugged her back. I wanted to cry for how long it's being, for how it was my fault that it's been as long as it has. I breathed in the familiar scent, the scent of family, the scent of home.

Lara might not be my mom but she's the woman that raised me since I was sixteen years old.

I could feel Olivia's eyes on us but I couldn't focus on her right now—Lara backed away and put her hands on my face, a sad smile on her face and more tears pooled in her blue eyes while others rolled down.

"Look at you, you look beautiful." She examined every single part of my face with her eyes.

"I'm sorry." I said, suddenly finding the wooden door more interesting to look at than teary blue eyes.

"Don't be, I was the one in the wrong." Lara grabbed my hands, "Let's all go inside okay?"

I nodded, "Fine."

"Aren't you going to introduce me to this beautiful young woman Jordan?" Lara's gaze turned to Olivia who was standing two steps behind me.

I felt my cheeks flush as I nodded, "Sorry, Lara this is... Olivia my girlfriend, Olivia this is Lara."

She's my second mom.

The information made Lara's face lighten up —to my own surprise— I didn't think she would be thrilled about me having moved on, less of all bringing my new girlfriend to Jade's house.

Or maybe it was just me.

"Nice to finally meet you ma'am." Olivia said as she shook mrs. Foster's hand.

"A pleasure dear and just call me Lara, no need to be so formal. Now come in you two." Lara looked back at me as we came in, "Trevor is going to be so happy to see you."

I swallowed hard at that. I was more scared to face Jade's dad than I have been about Lara.

"He should be in the backyard doing some gardening." She said as we walked through the house. I could already see the older man through the glass sliding door, he was watering plants with a hose—his back turned to us.

I glanced at Olivia who gave me a reassuring smile.

Lara opened the sliding door and spoke, "Honey we have some company."

"Hmm?" Trevor closed the hose and turned around, his eyes widening at the sight of me.

"Hi mr. Foster." I tried to not sound awkward.