Chapter Twenty Six

Jordan's POV

"And that is how you set up a bonfire." Dalton looked proudly at the fire.

"Well done babe." Vivianna congratulated her boyfriend.

"Oh yeah dude, that seemed really hard," Chris spoke sarcastically with a smirk on her face.

"Chris shut up," Vivianna said.

"Make me." She retorted which earned her a bunch of marshmallows to hit her face. "You are lucky, I like marshmallows," Chris said before receiving another thing to her face, "And chocolate."

Dalton and I chuckled while seeing the two best friends bickering amongst each other. We were outside in the porch that faced the lake preparing the things for a time by the bonfire—today was our last in the lake house so we wanted to make the most of it before having to leave tomorrow.

"Should we start making the s'mores, or shall we wait for the lovely couple to finally decide to come down and join us?" Vivianna asked with the bag of marshmallows on her hand.

"Fuck them, let's get started. Olivia can keep sucking up to Amy all she wants, is on her if she misses out." Chris got the sticks and passed them around while Dalton gave each of us the bag of everything to make the s'mores.

"Can you give me another one of those sticks?" I asked to Chris when I noticed Savannah sat by the dock.

"Have at it." She passed me it and I started making the s'mores.

When I had roasted two I stood up—ignoring the feeling of my friends eyes on me, I sat besides the teenager on the floor of the dock and waited for her to turn her attention to me. Savannah took one of her earphones off and looked at me with a raised brow.

"What's that?" She asked.

"A s'more, thought you would want one."

"Is it poisoned?"

"Maybe, you'll have to find out for yourself." I shrugged—she glanced from my face to the smore before finally relenting and taking it.

"If I die, know that I will haunt you, hobo."

"Sounds terrifying, I'll keep that in mind." I took a bit of the s'more and stared at the dark lake in front of us. "So, what's up with you?"

"Excuse me?"

"What?"

"We are not friends hobo, so what do you care about what's up with me?"

I swallowed the snack before mustering a respond for the teenager, "Who said I didn't?"

Savannah looked at me like she didn't believe what I was saying before rolling her eyes, "Who said there's something wrong with me?"

"Normally you would be over there bickering with Chris, or over there pretending to ignore us. But you are over here, listening music on your own while watching the lake at night—that's pretty depressing."

That earned me a chuckle out of her—which was a first. "It's nothing, it's stupid," she shook her head while looking down.

"It can't be nothing and stupid at the same time."

"It is."

I scrunched my face briefly, "I don't believe that, must be important if it got you like this and actually talking to me."

"It's... I don't know, this trip is always usually annoyingly fun, but now my mom has been all over Amy and it's— it's just not the same and it sucks, like don't get me wrong I'm glad my mom is happy but it feels like..."