Chapter Nineteen

Jordan's POV

"Ugh, what is the hobo doing here again?" Savannah said once she saw me in the kitchen of her house.

"Savannah what did we just talk about the other day?" Olivia asked while she watched a YouTube video of how to make cookies.

"That I shouldn't call Jordan a hobo because I remind her she's poor?" I narrowed my eyes at the smug looking teenager.

Olivia quickly put her phone down at that and frowned. "I did not say that! I told you to stop calling her that because is rude and disrespectful."

Savannah rolled her eyes and walked out of the kitchen.

Wow attitude much?

If I walked out like that after rolling my eyes at my mom I would be dead.

I guess Savannah is lucky Olivia is a very... pacifist? kind of person. I have noticed that Olivia tends to have a hard time when it comes to being strict and harsh with her daughter—it's just not her personality, and her daughter knows that, so I guess she uses it to her advantage.

"I never said that Jordan, I swear." Olivia explained in front of me—genuine worry in her eyes.

"Hey, calm down, I know Savannah is just messing around. I know you would never say that." I put a reassuring hand over her shoulder.

She sighed in relief.

I lightly squeezed her shoulder and nodded my head towards the kitchen counter. "Come on, did you learn how to do the cookies?"

The question immediately brought a bright smile onto the red head's face, "Yes, I did. But you gotta help me Jordan!"

"No way red, I told you I suck at cooking and baking. I'm just here to support you and taste the cookies." I said as she pulled me by the hand to in front of the counter—where all of the ingredients were out.

Olivia had invited me to spend the Saturday afternoon at her house baking cookies. Since I didn't have work until later tonight I figured why not. I enjoy spending time with Olivia.

She never brought up or asked the reason of my panic attack at the coffee shop bathroom and I'm grateful for that. I don't think I'm ready or that I even want to tell her the reason for it.

Olivia is just... incredible.

"You, missy," she pointed a finger on my chest. "Are not eating any cookies if you don't help me out."

"That's not fair!"

"No, it wouldn't be fair if I let you eat them while all you did was sit, watch and look pretty."

"Oh so you think I look pretty?" I smirked and raised a brow.

Olivia's freckled face turned almost as red as her haird at that. "I— I didn't— I mean, I did, b—because you are pretty but..." she stammered over her words and groaned in frustration as I kept my smirk on. "You know what I meant Jordan!"

"Now do I?"

Olivia just rolled her eyes and started to grab the ingredients.

Now I know where Savannah gets the eye rolling from.

Right then the doorbell of Olivia's house rang, capturing our attention.

"Damn, could you get that while I wash my hands?" Olivia asked me— she had just broken a few eggs.

"You got it boss." I saluted playfully earning a laugh—I chuckled and went to her front door to see who it was.

When I opened it I was met with a strange man that I've never seen before, but that at the same time looked somewhat... familiar?