Chapter Thirty Six

Olivia's POV

"I smell cooking!" I heard Chris's voice as she entered the kitchen. When the blonde tried to stick her head in to take a look at what I was cooking, I pushed her back, putting my hand on her forehead.

"Hi, how are you? You know manners?" I said with a pointed look towards my best friend.

Taking my hand off her face, Chris gave it a kiss and pouted, "Hi Liv, how are you? What are you cooking?"

I rolled my eyes and checked on the cooking burger on the pan. "What does it look like?"

"A burger." Chris shrugged and went to sit on a counter booth. "It smells good."

"Thank you. Shouldn't you be at work?"

"Why am I sensing like you don't want me here? Is Jordan around the house? Oh my god are you two fucking?" Chris tried to tease me. I turned off the stove and grabbed the burger with the spatula, put it on the bun and started preparing it while Chris watched me doing it.

My cheeks grew warm at her comment, even though Jordan was not here. "No."

"Isn't that yours?" Chris commented when she saw me packing the burger in a paper bag.

"No, I'm actually taking this to Jordan."

"Awe, you are taking lunch to your girlfriend. Isn't that adorable?" Chris tried to pinch my cheeks, but I swatted her hands off my face and told her to stop it.

"Stop it... and she's not my girlfriend."

"Oh you two are ridiculous at this point 'she's not my girlfriend'. No, you just make out with her, go on dates together, accompanies you to your daughter's school and now you are taking her lunch to her job. Totally not your girlfriend though." Chris followed me around the house as I looked for my car keys.

"Chris-"

"No. Don't 'Chris' me. You two are too grown for this shit!" She watched me lock the front the door of the house and went with me to my cars

Getting in the car I tried to avoid Chris pestering me as I drove, but I knew she wouldn't stop until I answered her. "We are not officially dating, I'm letting Jordan set the pace because if it were for me, we already would be. But I don't want to scare her off. Don't you know her?"

"Is she scared of commitment?"

"I don't think is commitment she's scared of. I think is more like opening up and letting people in. So I won't push her." I said with sight on the road ahead.

"That's fair, I understand... so, have you asked her about the woman's name?" Chris asked.

I stopped at a red light and looked at her, "No, I haven't come around to."

"Why?"

"Because I don't even know how to approach it... just drop it, please." I kept driving, already a bit annoyed by the subject. One that I am not yet ready to face.

I mean, how is someone supposed to act when the girl you like mumbles a woman once while she's having fever dreams? Someone who Jordan has never mentioned, I don't know if she could be an ex or part of her family, so I can't even jealous. Not that I am or was.

To my fortune Chris dropped the subject without any fight and instead we began talking about Savannah's upcoming birthday. I've tried asking her what she wants to do for her day, but she apparently doesn't know yet. Surprising that a teen doesn't know what they want for their birthday.

Arriving at the fire station, Chris followed me inside to find Jordan. Or at least tried, only coming across with Dalton instead.

"Hey girls." Dalton greeted us both, he was on his station uniform.