Chapter Twelve

Olivia's POV

"So she just suddenly left your house that day and she has been acting weird ever since?" Chris repeated what I had told her but in a questioning manner.

"Yes." I responded.

"So is that why you're stalking her by coming to the club she works in?" Vivianna asked this time.

"Yes— what? No! I'm not stalking her."

"Sure you are not." The brunette responded sarcastically before taking a sip of the martini she had ordered.

"I'm not. I just thought we could hang out tonight since Savannah was with Jeremy for the weekend." I rolled my eyes and copied my friend by taking a sip of my own drink.

We were sat in a table at the corner of the club. Jordan was not here yet, I guess we arrived before her shift— not that she was the reason for me being here tonight... okay maybe a part of it. Jordan is just the most confusing person I've ever met, one second I think we are good, that we are getting closer and she could be slowly opening up to me but then she shuts me out— yeah, right now she's not ignoring me like she did before but she's been acting off with me and it makes me anxious thinking that I may have said or done something that had upset her, because that was the last thing I wanted to do.

Jordan Santos is a big hot and cold situation... but she's also this puzzle that I can help but want to figure out not matter how many pieces of it there are scattered around or how long it takes me to find them all.

There's just something intriguing about her that I can't describe. I want to befriend her like truly—but sometimes I get the feeling that she doesn't want to befriend me, that I am forcing myself on her life.

"Sure, we'll go with that Liv." Chris commented as she looked at the people dancing.

"Shut up," I grumbled.

"Why don't we go dance?" Vivianna suggested trying to break my bad mood.

"Is Dalton not coming tonight?" Chris asked.

"No, he's at the fire station he couldn't get the night off today." Vivianna said with noticeable sadness for her boyfriend not being here.

I stood up and pulled her with me before she could sulk, "You are right Viv, come on let's dance." That instantly brought back her smile and I turned to my other friend. "Are you coming?"

"Later, I'll stay here drinking a bit more."

"Drinking or more like looking for a hooke up?" Vivianna grinned.

"I could easily do that on the dance floor—I just genuinely want to keep drinking."

"Sure," I said before downing the rest on my own drink—I pulled Vivianna with me to the dance floor.

Vivianna and I danced together for I don't know how long—we were sweaty and we had only stopped when Vivianna had gone to the bar and got us shots every so often, we weren't drunk yet— or at least I wasn't, I'm not quite sure about Vivianna, she was laughing more than usual but she could be just tipsy—it's hard to tell with her sometimes.

I searched for Chris while I still danced with Vivianna and found my blonde friend at the bar having a conversation with no other than Jordan. I had failed to notice when she had arrived to the club—from where I was they seemed to be submerged into a good conversation so I just stayed where I was and focused on the music and my other best friend.

At some point Vivianna left for our table as she got tired and wanted to keep drinking. So now I was dancing with some guy—he was handsome with dark long hair and an almost perfect beard. He was talking to me but the music was loud and he was speaking too low so I didn't understand—he tried to get close everyone now and then to kiss me but I moved my head to the side when he did, he was a hot and a good dancer but I wasn't in the mood to be kissing total strangers tonight.