Special Short Chapter: Singing through the Storm

Thunder and Rain.

That is all you would hear if you were in the leaf village. Well that's is, if you aren't sleep. There was a huge thunderstorm in leaf village. With a potential of flooding, everybody was urged to stay home. Well that is, if you weren't a jonin ninja, but other than that, every other ninja stayed home. Satsuki was asleep in the room that her and both Naruto share. She was spending the night with Naruto since she hated bad weather. Not only was she there but Haku was there also. While Satsuki and Haku in Naruto's bed, Naruto was no where to be found. Why? Well because he is the only one up. For some reason Naruto couldn't sleep in bad weather. It just brought bad memories back.

Where do find Naruto you may ask? Well he is in large room with large music equipment. Why? Because Naruto is in love with music. Any type of music he will listen to it. He basically has his own music studio. His favorite instrument.... The piano. We see him now playing the piano while smoking his daily medicine. Every since he had brought Ophis he would try to not smoke around her. He doesn't want his little girl picking up the same habit as him. Naruto only has a pair of black pants and socks on and his hair down, not in his usual ponytail. He has big glass of ice water sitting on the top of his piano.

Finishing his blunt, he put it in a small tray and took a sip of his water. After swallowing the cold water, he took a deep breath and sighed and began to start playing.

"Tou-san?"

Naruto looked towards the door and saw his little girl. He smiled when he saw her with her favorite plushy in her hands standing at the door with sleepy eyes.

"Hime? What are you doing up so late?" He asked her.

"I can't sleep Tou-san." she answered while walking to her father. Naruto chuckled. He then picked her and sat her in his lap. She snuggled into his chest. She then started to feel warm in her father's embrace.

"Tou-san?"

"Hmm?"

"Can you sing me a song?"

"Hmm. If I sing this song will you go to sleep?"

"Hai." she said with a small smile. Naruto smiled down at her a kissed her forehead.

"Alright here I go then." Naruto said as he began to play the piano. He played for a good two minutes until he began to sing.

"My lover's got humor
She's the giggle at a funeral
Knows everybody's disapproval
I should've worshipped her sooner
If the heavens ever did speak
She's the last true mouthpiece
Every sunday's gettin' more bleak
A fresh poison each week
We were born sick
You heard them say it
My church offers no absolutes
She tells me, worship in the bedroom
The only heaven I'll be sent to
Is when I'm alone with you
I was born sick, but I love it
Command me to be well
A-a-a-a, amen, amen, amen
Take me to church
I'll worship like a dog at the shrine of your lies
I'll tell you my sins, and you can sharpen your knife
Offer me that deathless death
Oh good God, let me give you my life
Take me to church
I'll worship like a dog at the shrine of your lies
I'll tell you my sins and you can sharpen your knife
Offer me that deathless death
Oh good God, let me give you my life
If I'm a pagan of the good times
My lover's the sunlight
Keep the Goddess on my side
She demands a sacrifice
To drain the whole sea
Get something shiny
Something meaty for the main course
That's a fine looking high horse
What you got in the stable?
We've a lot of starving faithful
That looks tasty
That looks plenty
This is hungry work
Take me to church
I'll worship like a dog at the shrine of your lies
I'll tell you my sins so you can sharpen your knife
Offer me my deathless death
Oh good God, let me give you my life
Take me to church
I'll worship like a dog at the shrine of your lies
I'll tell you my sins so you can sharpen your knife
Offer me my deathless death
Oh good God, let me give you my life
No masters or kings when the ritual begins
There is no sweeter innocence than our gentle sin
In the madness and soil of that sad earthly scene
Only then I am human
Only then I am clean
Oh, oh, amen, amen, amen
Take me to church
I'll worship like a dog at the shrine of your lies
I'll tell you my sins and you can sharpen your knife
Offer me that deathless death
Oh, good God, let me give you my life
Take me to church
I'll worship like a dog at the shrine of your lies
I'll tell you my sins and you can sharpen your knife
Offer me that deathless death
Oh good God, let me give you my life"
(Song: Take Me to Church by Hozier)

As Naruto finished singing, he looked down to see his beautiful princess sleep. Ophis had fallen asleep by listening to her father's heart beat. Naruto kissed her on the nose which caused her to move a little, causing him to chuckle. Unknown to him, Satsuki was watching from the crack of the door with a smile on her face and Haku was recording the whole thing.

Naruto moved hair from his daughters eyes and put it behind her ears. "A blessing from Kami herself, I promise you Ophis, Nobody will ever harm you, I will do everything in my power to make sure of that. For you are my little girl. Daddy's little girl. Heh... I never thought I'd be saying that. You just don't know how much you mean to me Ophis. You are my little light in the dark that will never go out. And I'm thankful to have someone like you in my life. Ophis Uzamaki." Naruto finished with tears falling from his eyes. "Look at me. You got Tou-san crying and you aren't even awoke." He chuckled.

Satsuki and Haku were shedding their own tears. They could hear how much Naruto loved Ophis. You could hear the love dripping off his voice.

"Well I'm glad there is a sofa in here cause I'm too tired to walk to room. I hope the girls won't be mad at me." He said nervously. He then began to walk to the couch with Ophis in his arms. Once he got to the couch, he layed down while Ophis layed on Naruto's chest, listening to his heart beat. Naruto kissed his daughter on the forehead. "Goodnight Little Hime." He said with a warm smile as he closed his eyes a fell into the world of dreams. Haku and Satsuki tipped into the room and kissed Naruto on the forehead causing him to move slightly.

"Goodnight Naru-Kun." they both said. They did same thing to Ophis, which caused her to mumble something about doughnuts which caused the girls to giggle silently. They both tipped back out of the room and closed the room gently.

Once the door closed, Naruto eyes opened and he had a smirk on his face.

"Goodnight Haku-chan, Satsuki-chan." Naruto as finally closed his eyes and wrapped his arms around his daughter in a protective way, as be finally drifted into the world of dreams.