The Aftermath.

"How is he holding up Sensei?"

"Well Jiraya, from what I heard from Satsuki, he has locked himself in the room for a week and hasn't been out since. But she managed to get him to eat something now and then. She says everytime he eats a bowl of ramen, he begins to tear up thinking about the little girl and leaves his food and goes back into the room and cries himself to sleep. He's taking his daughter's loss hard." The old Hokage explained to his former student.

He and Jiraya were talking about Naruto's situation. When Jiraya first heard the news, he was devastated. Even though he has met the girl only three times, he loved the girl as an granddaughter. He could only imagine what his godson was going through. He sighed and began talking to his sensei again.

"So what about promotions? Who will get promoted?" Jiraya asked. Sarutobi took a puff of his pipe and blew out the smoke.

"Well," he began, "In my opinion, team 7 and Shikamaru Nara should be promoted. Sakura Haruno, showed good skills in genjutsu, almost rivaling the Uchiha genjutsu. With the help of learning some genjutsu from Satsuki, she began making her genjutsu rivaling the Sharingan genjutsu. She also showed great medical skills. With the path she is going, she could end up rivaling Tsunade, or even surpassing her. Therefore, she shall be promoted to special jonin. Her strength is far from a chunin and her mindset is almost like a Nara. But she needs experience, which is why she is being promoted to special jonin. " Sarutobi stated getting a nod from Jiraya.

It was true. The girl had outstanding chakra control, and had the potential of becoming a great medical ninja. And she wasn't even from a shinobi clan.

"What about the Uchiha girl?" Jiraya asked.

"She will also be promoted to Jonin. During her fight, she gained the Mangekyo Sharingan due to extreme stress. She showed that she knew how to keep her emotions in check and not to rush in on a fight. She was also skilled in both Kenjutsu and Ninjutsu. She showed that she had more than one elemental affinity, which is rare, and she mastered both of those affinities. Because of these reasons, she will be promoted to Jonin." The Hokage finished.

Jiraya looked at his sensei with a shocked look before turning back serious.

"So she has awakened the Mangekyo like her brother?"

"Indeed." Hiruzen said as he took another puff of his pipe.

"Now that Uchiha is out of the way, what about the Nara?" Jiraya questioned his sensei. The Hokage blew out his smoke and shook his head.

"To be honest, I want to promote him to Jonin but his laziness is holding him back. His mind is on par with his father's. He's a good strategist and could be good leader. But his laziness, like I said before, is holding him back. Therefore I will promote him to special Jonin as well. I will talk to Shikaku about his son's laziness and if it doesn't changes well I'll just make him a chunin." the Hokage said with an shrug causing his former student to sweat drop.

Jiraya chuckled at his sensei's antics and took a deep breath and began talking again.

"And lastly what about Naruto?" Jiraya said with a grin causing the Hokage to grin too.

"Naruto Uzukaze Uchiha-Senju. Where should I start? He's an great leader, a great strategist, he knows how to keep his emotions in check. Very skilled in Kenjutsu, Ninjutsu, Genjutsu, Fuinjutsu, and Taijutsu. He Has all five Chakra natures. And from what I heard he has the Eternal Mangekyo Sharingan and gained the legendary Rinnegan after seeing his daughter die. He did an excellent job of dealing with Orochimaru. He did a magnificent job with the invasion, killing 11,000 men and the Tschuikage. Kami forgive me but the old bastard had it coming. He also perfected the Hirashin to the point he doesn't need seals. To be honest Jiraya, if he wasn't so young, I would have made him Hokage by now. But that will have to wait three more years, well two exactly. Now enough rambling, and my decision is to promote Naruto to Elite Jonin." The Hokage said with an smile as Jiraya puffed his chest with pride hearing his godson's accomplishments. He then thought about what his sensei and gasped.