Chapter 61

A/N Dont' forget to watch The 100 tonight at 9/8c! I can't wait. Just saying, I love that au video. It's awesome!

Camilo P.O.V. 

The girl, Clarke, stared at me still in a state of shock. Her mouth was open as if she wanted to say something, but couldn't get the words out. 

Finally she breathed out,"Your'e awake." Before I could say anything she sprinted out of the room. 

"He's awake!" I heard her yell. "Camilo's awake!" For some reason this made me smile. Seconds later a man in a doctors coat rushed back into the room along with Clarke. The man stood to my left checking my pulse while Clarke stood to my right looking at the what the doctor was doing.My body still ached, but I focused on what the doctor told me to do. 

"Breathe in." The doctor ordered as he pressed the cold stethoscope against my chest."Breathe out." He then shined a light in my eyes and told me to follow it. I did. Afterwards he instructed me to open and close me hand. As well as my breathing he checked my heartbeat. Clarke watched the whole time. When he had finished he turned towards Clarke.

" His breathing, and heart beat as well as his reflexes are a bit slower than what we would consider to be normal, for someone who has just awoken." Awoken, what did that mean? The doctor continued."As you know his physical injuries were much more severe then the ones inflicted on you, therefore he will need more rest and more time to recover than you did. Or should I say than you still need, because it has not even been a week since you have woken and I do hope that you have been getting sufficient rest."  What were they talking about? I looked at them confused. 

"Dr. Sinclair I should go get his sister," Clarke said. Wait, did she say sister?"she's in the parking lot." Dr. Sinclair nodded, and Clarke looked down at me."I'll be right back, okay Camilo?" I nodded. Clarke hurriedly walked out the door. Dr. Sinclair turned back to me.

With a smile he said," She seems to really care about you." I wish I knew why. "Do you want water?" I nodded in response, and he grabbed a cup of water. He helped me drink the water.

"Thank you." I said. 

"Camilo or Mr.Cortez, which do you prefer?" Dr. Sinclair asked. 

"Camilo." I responded."Why am I here? What happened?" 

The doctor wrote something down on his notepad, then looked back up to me."You do not remember the accident." He stated. I scrunched my eyebrows together in thought. What accident was he talking about? 

"Camilo is it okay with you if I ask you a couple of a questions?"  I nodded."These questions will purely be to check how much you remember." He explained."Can you tell me your full name and age, along with your birthday?"

"I'm 17 years old, and my birthday is June ninth. My full name is Camilo Cortez."  I answered.

Dr. Sinclair nodded."What is the name and age of your'e sister?"

Confusion crossed my face,"I don't have a sister."

Again he scribbled something onto his notepad."what about your mother? Do you remember her?"

I tried to remember my mother because I had to have one, right? But once again I remembered nothing."I don't remember her."

For the third time now he wrote something on his notebook."What is the last thing you remember?" I scanned my memory for any recent events that I could think of, but came up blank. This didn't make any sense.I remembered who I was, but I couldn't remember anything else. The real last event I could remember was for sure not the most recent. It was my preschool graduation. 

"I-I can't remember any event other then my preschool graduation." I told him.

"Hmmm, we are going to need to do some tests to see if you remember basic functions." Dr. Sinclair told me. I nodded, though I didn't think the tests would be necessary. I was positive I could do what he described as basic functions, I just couldn't remember many events or people.

"Do you remember Clarke?" The doctor asked.

"Only her name." I confessed. At that moment the door opened and a tiny dirty blonde blob attacked me with a hug. I groaned in pain. That hurt. I saw Clarke smile out of the corner of my eye. I also saw her leaning against a tall guy with brown hair and olive toned skin. The little blob who I recognized as a young released me from her bone crushing hug, and smiled at me.

"Cam your'e awake! I am so happy your'e awake! I missed you sooo much!" The little girl squealed cheerfully. I looked at Dr. Sinclair in confusion. Who was this little girl? "Cam?" The little girl asked."What's wrong?" I didn't know what to say to this little girl, and it seemed as if the doctor didn't either. Clarke and the guy noticed my confusion and neared.

"Camilo are you okay?" Clarke asked as the guy looked at me questioningly. I didn't say anything.

The guy spoke next. His voice was deep. "Seriously man, what's up?"

I looked from the doctor to them. Finally I spoke."I don't know who any of you are. I'm sorry." The guy's eyes widened slightly, but that was the only thing that told me he was suprised. Clarke stared at me once again with shock, but not the good kind. The little girl looked both confused and scared at the same time, and I instantly felt guilty because I was the reason she looked like that. The little girl looked up at Clarke.

"What is he talking about Clarke?"She asked her. Clarke looked as if she could not respond. So instead Dr. Sinclair answered for her. 

"Camilo is suffering memory loss, most likely due to the blow to the head he received. He does not remember anything past his preschool graduation and has no memory of anybody." He explained. 

"Will he get his memory back?" The guy asked.

"Most likely yes. But he will also most likely get his memory back in pieces through dreams, and random surges of memory." Dr.Sinclair told them.

"How long will it take?" Clarke asked, having found her voice again.

"It all depends on him. Things that can help him regain his memory is taking him to places where important things have happened for him, or by talking to him about his life before. Surrounding him by familiar people will also help." Dr. Sinclair said. Clarke nodded.

The guy once again spoke,"When will he be able to go home?"

"We will run some tests on him today and keep him here under observation until after the New Years. He can be discharged by January second if his condition does not change or gets better." 

They nodded. Just then cell phone rang. It was Clarke's. She stepped out to answer it. When she entered she turned to the guy."Bellamy, that's my mom, she wants me home." The guy, Bellamy, nodded. 

Clarke turned to me,"Camilo we''ll be back tomorrow." I nodded. The little girl gave me a hug, and so did Clarke before exiting the room. That night before going to sleep I tried to remember something, anything, but nothing came to me. That night I fell asleep feeling frustrated and strangely thinking about Clarke.