Chapter 49

A/N Short sorry. Their is the box and ring.
Bellamy P.O.V
I woke up, and immediately grabbed the box with the ring in it. The box was white and looked a bit like a treasure chest. On the top it read "Clarke and Bellamy Forever Love." I didn't care if it was cheesy or mushy or anything like that. I opened it and took a look at the ring to make sure it was the right ring to give Clarke, I thought it was. The ring was only a shade lighter than midnight blue, and it looked as if it was glowing. I put the ring back in the box and began to change. When I finished putting on my black combat boots I walked downstairs. After eating a quick breakfast, I waited for O to come down.
"Hurry up O!" I yelled. We were going to the hospital today to be there with Clarke. It was Christmas Eve and though she hasn't woken we thought it would be nice if we spent the day with her. First we were going to pick up Charlotte, Monty, and Jasper, since Charlotte's only family here was Camilo and she hasn't seen him in a couple of days. When we arrived at the hospital Charlotte, Monty, and Jasper went to visit Camilo. O and I went to visit Clarke. We entered her room and I pulled up a chair next to her. O did the same.
"Hey Clarkie." O said gently."You know we've all been missing you a lot." She swallowed as if it was hard to speak. For the first time since this all started I realized that Clarke wasn't only the love of my life, but also Octavia's best friend."I know the doctor said you would wake up soon, but I want you to already be awake. There's no one I can talk to, and you're my best friend. I really miss you." Octavia's tears threatened to spill. She had told me not to hide my feelings, but has she been hiding hers? I knew she must have been hurting, but she never really showed it. I never once saw her let her tears out since I told her about what happened while she was still in the hospital.
"It okay to cry, O." I told her. She looked at me surprised.
Then she laughed."Did my brother, Bellamy Blake really just tell me it's okay to cry?"
I gave her a grin."Yeah, he did. That is unless, I'm not your brother and I'm some type of shape shifting monster ready to destroy the world." She slightly pushed my shoulder, and rolled her eyes. "In serious O, like you said it's not good to keep in your feelings."
"Okay, I get it, but I'm fine. I just thought of what would happen if the doctors were wrong, and she never woke up." She told me.
"She's going to wake up O. She'll be up on her feet before either one of us now it." I said reassuring both her and myself. She nodded in agreement and gave me a weak smile. I stroked Clarke's hair absentmindedly, while O just stared at us.
Octavia P.O.V
I watched Bell stoke Clarke's hair, and I realized something. If Clarke didn't wake up Bellamy would die, literally die. He would be lost, broken, destroyed without her. The way he looked at her was as if she was a shooting star and he was a little kid marveling at its unearthly beauty. It was not just the way he looked at her that revealed how deeply he has fallen for Clarke, but also the way he cared for her. The way that he seemed to trust her, and want to protect her. The way he had cried for her when this accident happened, and the multiple times since then. I wouldn't doubt for even a second that he loved Clarke a little more than he loved me. Those were two different kinds of love of course. I was certain that he would not be able to deal with Clarke not responding. Strange as it is to see my brother so in love, I was happy to know he could be himself and let other people care for him. The only person he had let in behind his walls before was myself, though I doubted he ever fully let me behind his walls. Clarke, I was sure was able to fully brake down all his defenses. This realization made me wish even more that Clarke would wake up soon, because if I lost her not only would I mourn her, but also I would mourn the loss of my brother even if he was here physically. Bellamy both mentally and emotionally would be with Clarke his Princess, the love of his life. Truly it scared me that someone could love someone else so deeply, but it was a beautiful love.
Monty P.O.V
Charlotte was telling Camilo about everything that has happened since the last time she had visited him, while me and Jasper watched her. The fact that Camilo most likely couldn't hear her made this situation twenty times more sadder than it was. Unlike Clarke, Camilo showed no signs of responding soon. This was truly depressing because he not only had a little sister which just thought her brother was sleeping, but he was also an okay guy. Camilo might have fought with Bellamy, but he was a good friend. According to Raven the first time they saw Camilo he was really shy, but they all thought he was pretty cool. Thinking of Raven usually made me smile, but I couldn't knowing that two of my friends were in comas. I knew Raven felt guilty of making it out somewhat okay of the car crash, but every time I would try and get her to talk about it she would change the topic. I've tried so hard to get her to tell me what she was feeling, but she wouldn't tell me anything. To be quite honest I didn't know what to do. She had built herself this facade of I'm tough, but truly she was hurting. I knew everyone had their own type own defenses. Clarke's defense was hiding behind a wall of I can handle anything and nothing can hurt me I don't feel. Bellamy's was a wall of arrogance, cockiness, and you can't do anything to me I don't feel. They were both tough, most likely the toughest people I knew, but they were only human. They could only take so much before completely breaking. Raven's wall was the one that said I'm awesome and confident. She wouldn't let me break down that wall, and it was frustrating. Frustrating because I didn't like to see her hurt, and I couldn't do anything to help her.
"Why hasn't my brother woken up?" Charlotte asked.
I looked down at her."Im not sure, but he's okay."
She nodded."How about Clarke, is she okay?"
"Yeah she is." Jasper told her.
"Okay." She said.
"Are you hungry?" Jasper asked.
"A little." She admitted.
"Let's go get something to eat." I said. We then walked to Clarke's room to see of Bellamy or Octavia wanted to eat something.
Bellamy P.O.V
O and I had been sitting by Clarke for about half an hour, when Monty and Jasper along with Charlotte came in.
"Hey we are going to go eat something. You guys coming?" Jasper asked.
"I'm not hungry." I responded.
"I am." O turned to me."Is it okay if I go?" I nodded and she stood up to leave. Once they walked outside I was left alone with Clarke and my thoughts. I wondered why she hadn't woken yet. What if the doctors were wrong? What if she doesn't wake up? I shook those thoughts out of my head. The doctors weren't wrong and Clarke was going to wake up. She had to wake up. I held one of Clarke's hand in both of mine.
"Please wake up soon Princess. Please." I said. I knew what the doctors said, but I couldn't help but have this feeling that if she didn't wake up soon she wasn't going to wake up at all. I let my head rest on the bed beside her and I let my tears fall. So many times have I cried since the night of the crash, it was surprising to find out that I hadn't ran out of tears. "Princess wake up." I begged still having my head face down on the side of the bed. I wanted, no needed Clarke to wake very badly. Why couldn't she just wake-
"Bellamy?" A weak voice said. Wait did I imagine hearing that or was that.."Bellamy are you crying?" I sat up straight and looked at Clarke. Slowly her eyes fluttered open. She looked around and then at me. I stared at her unable to believe what was happening.
"Clarke." Was all I was able to say. After a bit I realized I had just been staring at her not saying anything. "Your awake."
"What happened? Was I in a coma?"She asked. Hearing her voice was pure bliss to me.
"Yeah, because of the car accident." I told her.
"How's everyone else." She asked immediately.
"Ill tell you later." I looked at her still holding her hand in mine."I can't believe you're awake, I almost lost you."
She raised her hand to my face slowly, clearly not having her full strength."You'll never loose me."
I smiled at her."You don't know how much I've missed you Princess."
She smiled back at me. Suddenly I realized I needed to get the doctor."Ill be right back." I rushed out the room happily."She's awake!" I yelled as I neared Dr.Sinclair. He left whatever he was doing and quickly followed me to Clarke's room. As soon as he entered he went to check Clarke. He grabbed a small flashlight out of his front pocket and clicked it on.
"Follow this with your eyes." He instructed Clarke. She did, though the reaction was a little slow. "Okay, hold out your arm." She did and Sinclair then continued by checking her reflexes. They were all a bit slow, but okay as far as I knew.
Dr.Sinclair turned to me."Her reflexes are slow, but that is normal. We need to keep her hear overnight to make sure everything is fine, and she should be discharged tomorrow. I will call her mother today to give her the good news." I was happy to find out she was being discharged tomorrow.
"I know you'll be taking care of her, if you give me your email I will send you all the information you will need on her recovery. I'll also send it to her mother."
I nodded."Okay thank you. Where do I leave my email?"
"With the receptionist." He said."Ill leave you two alone." He walked out and I turned to Clarke.
"Looks like you can go home tomorrow Princess." I told her with a smile.
"That's great."She yawned."Why am I tired? Didn't I just wake up?"
I chuckled."Yes you did, but if you're tired go to sleep. Just promise me you'll wake up sooner than two weeks."
"I promise." She said as she drifted to sleep. When I was sure she was asleep I stood and walked to the hospital's cafeteria to tell the others that my Princess was awake.