Chapter 5

"Why can't you go to the mall with me today?" Octavia asked over the phone.
"I'm going out"
Curiosity sparked in her voice."With who?"
I sighed, "Wells." Though we were talking over the phone the surprise in her voice was clear.
"Wells? Really, oh my gosh! I didn't see that coming!"
"Neither did I." I muttered just as Octavia said.
"Shit! I owe Bellamy thirty bucks!"
"What?" I asked.She laughed.
"Bellamy and I made a bet about two weeks ago. He though something was going on between you two, and bet that you were gonna end up dating."
My mouth was open in surprise. "Really?"
"Yep, I should probably tell Bell. Bellamy you win!" She yelled. I heard a 'told you so' from the background, then Bellamy's voice came through the phone.
"So the Princess found her Prince Charming." He teased.
I rolled my eyes, "Get off the phone I want to talk to someone I actually like."
He chuckled."Your wish is my command Princess."
"So do you like him?" Octavia asked.
"Well duh, he's been my best friend since we were in diapers." I answered.
"First of all hey! I thought I was your best friend and second of all I meant do you like like him."
I bit my lip."Um I don't know, and your my BFF as in best friend forever, he's my best friend."
Octavia sighed,"Then why'd you say yes?"
"Cause I couldn't say no to my best friend." I confessed.
"Why don't you just back off and tell him you don't like him like that?"
I opened my mouth to respond but no words came out. Maybe I still had time to tell Wells I didn't feel the same way. No I couldn't do that, it would hurt him and I could end up losing him. Glancing at my fathers watch on my wrist I said," Gotta go I need to finish my homework before getting ready for my date."
Octavia sighed." Well if I can't convince you, then have fun I guess. Bye."
"Bye." I hung up and started my homework. Afterwards I took a shower, and got ready. At exactly 7:30 Wells picked me up, and he decided to take me bowling. When we arrived at the bowling alley I was surprised to see Bellamy with his friends there. Of corse Octavia was there, Bellamy would never leave her home alone. A group from the rival high school was there giving us dirty looks. They of course knew who Wells and Bellamy were and which high school they were from. Their high school was filled with members from the Grounder Gang. The Grounders by what I remembered ever so often robbed a store or beat someone badly. Though they weren't as bad as others, they had never killed someone, but I was positive they sold drugs and had already shot someone. Octavia waved at me, but stayed where she was, eyeing Wells' arm around my waist with a questioning look. As we sat down, Bellamy noticed Octavia looking at something, and followed her gaze. He smirked, but unlike his sister, he didn't stay put. He told his group something, then started walking over to where Wells and I were putting on our shoes, with Octavia on his heels.
"Princess," he said greeting me with a nod,"Jaha."
Wells looked up, not too happy to see Bellamy."Blake." After a couple seconds of awkward silence, Bellamy asked, "You guys up for a competition?"
Octavia eyed her brother suspiciously , as Wells asked,"What type of competition?"
"Bowling of course, you and the Princess against Octavia and me."
"Bell" Octavia said.
"What? I'm sure I'm not interrupting there date, in fact of they win the Princess will be so happy she'll kiss him, when they lose they'll be closer together. I'm just doing Wells a favor." He said cockily. Octavia rolled her eyes, as Well asked, "Why do you think I need to win in order for Clarke to kiss me?"
Bellamy smirked." Oh I'm sorry, did you already kiss?"
"That's none of you business." I responded, dang he could be nosy.
"Am I making you uncomfortable Princess?"
"You know what I'll go against you in bolling, and pummel you. But it has to be Octavia and me against you and Wells" I said.
"Why?" He asked.
"Cause it ain't cool to destroy your BFF in bolling." I answered earning a smile from Octavia.
He raised an eyebrow."But it's cool to destroy your date?"
I smiled." Yeah, friendly competition is good for a relationship. Right Wells?" Wells nodded in agreement. Octavia then asked," What if we made this interesting? Losers have to do whatever the winners tell them to do, for a week.Deal?"
"Deal." I responded,"You two in?" Bellamy and Wells agreed. First it was Bellamy's turn, he rolled a strike. Then it was my turn, I also rolled a strike. Throughout the game it was unclear who would win, but that didn't stop Bellamy's friends cheering for him whenever he rolled a strike. In the end Octavia and I came on top."So what should their punishments start with?" I asked Octavia, as Bellamy and Wells looked at us in shock, clearly surprised they had lost. Octavia had an evil grin on her face."How about a haircut?" I smiled. "That sounds nice." Both Bellamy, and Wells exchanged a look as some of the Arcadia High student walked up to us.
"Look what we have here, a couple of Arke students." Said a girl with a lot of make up on. Bellamy scowled at her. "What do you want Anaya?"
"Nothing Bellamy, just here to greet old friends." She said casually.
"No one here is your friend." He all but barked at her.
She faked hurt."What do you mean, if I remember correctly this is Clarke. Me and her used to be friends though I was older then her by a year. That is until she ditched me for an orphan. And we too used to be friends." The way she said friends made my stomach drop. I gave him a questioning glance, which he ignored and glared at Anaya.
"Used to be, as in the past. Now leave." He said sternly.
She chuckled."Why, are you afraid your little Princess or sister will find out what happened between us or between you and the gang?" Octavia placed a hand on her brother's shoulder." What is she talking about Bell?"
"Nothing, let's go O." As he turned to leave two of Anaya's boys came and restrained Bellamy.
"Let him go!" Yelled Octavia, as Bellamy's friends came over.
"I wasn't finished speaking." Anaya said.
A boy wearing a beanie from Bellamy's group spoke up." Yeah but he was." The man in charge of the alley had left to the storage room right before Anaya had come over with her group."Let him go or you Grounders will regret it." The same boy warned.
Anaya let out a throaty laugh."If anyone will regret anything, it will be you Miller, and the rest of Bellamy's friends." Bellamy's restrainers were distracted by the conversation, and he took the opportunity to kick one of them in their shin, and break free. This started an all out brawl of us against the Grounders. The two who were previously restraining Bellamy went at him again, but were stopped by Miller and another member of Bellamy's group. Bellamy at it with another grounder. He took a couple punishes to the face, but recovered and knocked down the Grounder. It was complete chaos, people were getting punched, kicked, some where even getting cut by pocket knives. At that moment Wells was attacked and had to fight back. I didn't know what to do, but I did know how useless I felt just standing there. That's when I noticed Octavia cornered by Anaya. Anaya had a blade in hand.
"Anaya don't." I said from behind.
She turned to look at me with a cynical smile."Why not you ditched me for her, and Bellamy broke up with me because of her." Wait Bellamy dated her? That sent a weird feeling in my stomach, but I focused my attention in Anaya. "Look Anaya it might seem that way, but it's not. Besides we were only kids and friends for a little bit."
Anaya glared at me."So what, Bellamy dumped me for her too. And you know something Clarke." She said my name like it caused her disgust. "I'm pissed at you for dumping me, for that orphan loser." Before I could've respond she came at me with the blade. Behind me I heard someone groan in pain, but I was too busy trying to fight Anaya to look back. I pinned her to the ground and punched her several times but somehow she managed to catch me off guard, and I was know with my back against the wall and with a blade at my throat. Her eyes were menacing. All I could think was, I'm going to die. Then I heard,"Let her go Anaya." I peeked over Anaya's shoulder to see Bellamy standing there, cut up, bruised, and bleeding.
"No she replaced me with that bitch you have for a sister."
I could see the anger in Bellamy's eyes, but he simply said."C'mon Anaya your not angry at Clarke, your angry at me."
I slid my hand in my pant pockets to see if there was anything to use as a weapon, all there was, was my key. I took it out and hit it behind my back.
"Your right, but I'm also mad at her." She glanced at Bellamy and I took the chance to push her back, and forcefully drag the key across her cheek. It caused her to bleed. At that moment Bellamy pushed her to the ground, which caused him to get a scratch on his face by Anaya. Luckily all the other Grounders were restrained or on the ground in pain.
"You'll pay for this Clarke!" She said just as the person in charge came out.
"What is this? Get out, all of you before I call the cops!" He yelled. Everyone scurried out. Outside in the parking lot I felt gooey stuff running down my neck. Anaya had managed to cut me a bit. All of Bellamy's group was pretty badly beat up, and since my mom was working late, I told them to follow Wells' car so I could patch them up at my home. Ten minutes later we were all in my living room.
A/N I'm ending it there because I don't think I'll be able to finish the rest before I have to go to sleep.If I do I'll post another chapter.