Chapter 79

Bellamy P.O.V
I drove up the dirt road, then parked as soon as the warehouse came into view. I took out my phone and got on the camera. After pressing record, I slipped my phone into my front pocket. Only the camera lens of my phone was exposed. I then came out of my car, and slammed the door shut, heading to the warehouse. I knew Anaya would be in there, she usually was. There was a handgun tucked into the waistband of my jeans and a blade hidden in one of my combat boots. I entered the warehouse and saw Anaya standing in the middle with two other Grounders. Her back was faced to me, I didn't walk more than two feet away from the entrance. The two Grounders who where speaking to her noticed me then immediately pulled out there guns; I did not. Anaya turned to me, an unhappy expression on her face.
"Do you have a death wish Bellamy? Why have you come here?"
I narrowed my eyes at her."You know why Anaya." I spat her name as if it were poison on my tongue. "Did you have anything to do with the quick fall of Mrs. Cortez's health?"
Anaya's face stayed in a stoney expression."No. That woman had a serious illness, and you cannot blame that on me."
I rolled my eyes, not believing her for even a second."Last I heard she was doing better, and winning her battle. There wasn't a reason for her Cancer to all of a sudden worsen in the extremity of only having days to live."
Her face broke into a nasty smile, and she stepped closer to me, as she spoke. "I am glad to see that you still cannot be fooled so easily."
I raised an eyebrow at her."So you admit you had a part to play in the deterioration of Mrs.Cortez's health?"
She barked out a throaty laugh."Well of course I did." That was what I needed her to say. Anaya continued to speak, without realizing she was helping me." All I had to do was have my insider to find out which hospital Camilo's mother was in. " Insider? She must be talking about Keenan. I didn't think Camilo was still speaking to her though. Anaya sighed."It's too bad that she can no longer trick information out of the boy for me, because for some reason he isn't speaking to her anymore." Yep, she was talking about Keenan. Anaya continued," Luckily she had gotten that information out of Camilo before he had that terrible accident. After receiving that information, all I had to do was use a little of special made poison to get Mrs.Cortez's health to wither. It was simple really, and it helps me prove the seriousness of my threat."
My jaw was clenched at the fact that Anaya saw taking human life as a tool for her wicked game."Simple? You call taking a life simple? What's simple about leaving a young girl without a mother?"
Anaya rolled her eyes."Don't worry about the young girl. Charlotte is her name right?" Anaya stood about three feet away from me. I didn't respond, but she continued anyways."She won't have to suffer much longer, I'll personally put her out of her misery." My fists clenched."You evil fucker. How can you say that? She's an innocent child."
Anaya shrugged."It is because I am not weak." She walked even closer to me."After I finish with Charlotte, then I'll go after those two idiots your Princess calls friends. Monty and Jasper were there names. Then one by one all of them will die, until I get down to your little sister O." I could no longer contain my anger, and grabbed Anaya by her neck pushing her all the way to wall of the warehouse. Her feet lifted from the ground and she scratched my arm, struggling to breath.
"Let her go or we will shoot you." One of the Grounders said from behind me. I ignored them and leaned dangerously close to Anaya.
"Tell them to leave."
Anaya did her best to glare at me, but then coughed out,"Leave."
I heard the Grounder's footsteps, then saw them exit the warehouse
"If you touch my sister, I won't care if I get myself arrested." My teeth were bared." I will turn you in, if I don't kill you first." I tossed her to the ground. Anaya pressed her hands I the ground, trying to take in some much needed oxygen. Once she had more or less calmed her breaths, Anaya pushed herself to her feet.
"You cannot stop me." She snarled.
My nostrils flared."I can kill you right here, right now."
Her eyes shot daggers at me."That won't stop anything. The others will complete my tasks, even if I die. I told you that everyone you care about will suffer and they will. Unless..." She didn't finish her sentence.
"Unless what?" I asked viciously.
Anaya raised her chin slightly."I will offer you a deal."
My eyebrows drew together."What kind if deal?"
"Leave Clarke, and I will leave all those you care about alone. No one else will get hurt." She told me. My jaw went slack. I couldn't leave Clarke, but I knew Anaya would go through with her threat even when dead. Even if I turned Anaya in, with her confession I know had recorded the Grounders would finish her bidding. This could be the only way to keep everyone, including Clarke, safe.
I looked at Anaya, with a cold expression."I won't leave Clarke."
Anaya smirked." I knew you would say that, you love her so much you feel you can't breath without her. " I couldn't believe it, but Anaya was actually right about something. Anaya snorted."Oh you're such a fool. You are willing to risk the lives of everyone so you can be with her. What you don't seem to understand is, if you don't take my deal she too will die. If you do everyone gets to live even if you don't get to be with her."
I knew Clarke wouldn't want me to take the deal. I knew she would say that we would find another way, but deep down she too would know this was the only way to keep everyone safe. If I didn't take the deal, I was risking Clarke's life. I wasn't willing to risk her life. Like Anaya said, at least Clarke would get to live. My feelings didn't matter, what did was Clarke's life. Was I even capable of leaving Clarke though?
Anaya spoke again,"I'll give you until Mrs. Cortez draws her last breath, which should only be in a couple days. If you haven't broken up with Clarke by then, I will continue with my plans." I scowled at her. How could she use the death of someone he was killing as a time limit?
Cautiously I asked," Why are you offering me this deal?"
Anaya pressed her lips together into a tight smile before responding."You love her and the only thing worse than seeing the person you live dead, is seeing them alive and happy without you." I clenched my fists, but only stated,"Go to hell Anaya." Then I walked out of the warehouse. I got into my car and sped back to my house. Parked outside my house, I pressed the stop recording button. The while conversation was now saved on my phone. I got out of my car, and headed inside my home. O wasn't home because she was at training with Lincoln and the others. After school I had skipped the training session to go talk to Anaya. I wasn't picking up O because Lincoln, to my disapproval was bringing her home after training. I arrived to my room and let myself fall onto my bed. My phone buzzed, alerting me that I had received a text message. I grabbed my phone and saw it was from Clarke.
Princess-Hey Bellamy, we're still at the hospital in Denver. We plan on staying here until well um, until you know. It's truly terrible seeing Camilo and Charlotte go through this. They don't deserve it. I wish you were here with me. My mom hasn't noticed I took my phone back, so I'm able to text you.
I wish I was there too Princess.
Princess-Anyways, I just wanted to say I love you and I miss you Bellamy. I'll see you when we get back.
I smiled at that, but then my smile fell knowing the decision I had to make.
Me-I love you too Princess, and I can't wait to see you.
P.S. You got one of the solo spots, and two duet spots. Our band also got a spot in the concert.
Once more I love you Clarke, dot forget it.
I put away my phone and laid back down onto my bed. What am I going to do?