The date

Amber's POV:

Kissing Cedric felt magical. His soft lips pressing against mine. It felt like we were the only two people in the world. I've kissed other people before but with Cedric it felt different.

"I'm guessing that's a yes to a date?" Cedric said looking down at me smiling. "Yes, it is" I said slightly laughing. I was suddenly very aware of how many people were watching us. i just kissed cedric infront of the whole school.

Cedric had one first place for this task. Viktor had come up with Hermionie slightly after Cedric and I. Fleur and her sister had come up last.

We were taken across the lake back to the docks by boats. I was still shivering the whole way back, "Here, take my towel" Cedric offered. "Ced no, I don't want you to get cold." I said refusing. Cedric put his arm around me trying to warm me up.

We walked into the castle and to our dorms. My hair in messy curls, and my clothes still dripping, I made my way into my bathroom.

I stepped into the warm shower and just stood there. thank god for warming spells. After I was finished with my shower I got dressed and stepped into my room. I saw Fred, George, Harry, and Ron sitting in my room.

"So you and Cedric huh?" Harry said giving me a look.
"He asked me on a date" I said quietly. I don't know why I got nervous talking about him.
"And then you snogged him in front of everyone!" Ron said sounding disgusted. "Ronald!" I didn't even notice Hermionie sitting in to corner of the room.

I talked with them for a while, they were all teasing me about Cedric except for Hermionie. We left for dinner in the great hall. Cedric was sitting on the couch in the common room talking with some of his friends.

I found Leah at the hufflepuff table looking around for someone. She spotted me and said,
"Tell me everything right now! Both of you!" I was confused until I turned around and saw Cedric a little behind me.

"He asked me on a date and then I kissed him" I said blushing.
"Come on that can't be all that happened" Leah said not believing what I had just said.
"That's what happened" Cedric said laughing a little bit.

"Where are you going for your date" Leah teased,
"I don't know, we haven't talked about it yet" I said before talking a bite of food. "We could go to hogsmeade" Cedric suggested.
"Okay, that would be nice" I said looking at him and smiling.

We walked back into the common room and sat by the fire. We were all sitting in silence, but it was a comfortable silence. I had caught Cedric looking at me a couple times. We would smile at eachother and go back to what we were doing.

Cedric and I were walking up the stairs to our dorms. It wasn't that late but I was tired and Cedric wouldn't let me leave without him. We had arrived at our dorms when Cedric turned to me and said,
"Goodnight darling"
"Goodnight Ced" I replied while kissing his cheek.

"You missed my lips" He joked, I leaned up and kissed him lightly.
"Goodnight" I giggled while opening my door and walking into my room.

***

I woke up the next morning to a knocking on my door. I slowly god out of bed and walked over to the door.
"Hello darling" Cedric said smiling down at me.
"Hi Ced" I replied still sleepy. Cedric came in and sat down next to me on my bed.

"Would you like to accompany me to hogsmeade today?" Cedric asked.
"I would love to" I said standing up. I ushered Cedric out of my dorm so I could change into clean clothes.

I decided to wear mom jeans, a baggy t-shirt, and a sweatshirt. is this good enough for a date? Cedric knocked on my door and said we were going to leave soon.

We walked out of the castle and started to walk down to hogsmeade. I felt extremely nervous.

why are you nervous it's just cedric

we're going on a date

what if he doesn't like me after this

that's ridiculous.

Cedric opened the door for me that lead into Madam Rosmerta's and walked in after me. He walked up to the counter and said,
"What would you like?"
"Butterbeer please" I said feeling slightly nauseous from my nerves.

We got our drinks and sat down at a table near the back of the room. I started slightly biting my lip to distract myself from being so nervous.

"Why are you biting your lip" Cedric asked giving me a questioning look. "Oh, I don't know" I said quietly. i lied.

"Are you nervous too?" Cedric asked playing with his rings. thank god i'm not the only one.
"Yeah" I said looking at my half empty mug of butterbeer.
"I didn't ask you out sooner because I was nervous, I wanted to for a long time" Cedric said now looking at me. I felt my face get hot.
"I've liked your for a while Ced" I admitted.
"I've liked you for a long time darling" Cedric smiled.