Explanations

Amber's POV:

I heard a knock at the door. I already knew it was Cedric. I calmly got up from the couch and walked to the door. I took a deep breath before I opened it.

There he stood, still looking ragged.
"Are you ready?" He asked. I nodded. oh merlin this is already awkward. We slowly walked down the streets. neither of us had said anything yet.

The sun was shining brightly. It was getting warmer, the spring weather creeping up slowly. There was still a chill outside. The wind was cold and slowly moving.

"Are you going to explain or am I wasting my time here" I said, cutting right to the chase.
"I- uh right, um, Leah admitted that she used a confundus charm on me to let her in, a-and another one to make a loud noise in the back of the house s-so I would go check, and then she put a lust potion in my tea, and then you came home and I snapped out of it" He explained, stuttering slightly.

My heart hurt remembering what I walked into. I didn't know what to say, how did I know he was telling the truth.
"How do I know that you're not lying?" I asked quietly.
"You could give me veritaserum, or use legilemency." He added.

I looked over at him, he looked desperate.
"I want to then, and don't think I don't trust you, b-because I do, It's just-" I said struggling to find the right words before Cedric cut me off "It's okay with me"

We spent the rest of the walk in silence. The awkward air in between us slowly drifting away. We made it back to the house.
"Do you want to come inside?" I asked, feeling unsure if I wanted him to or not.
"A-are you sure?" He asked, sounding surprised. I nodded softly.

I opened the door for him and walked in after he did. I had started some tea. Sirius had been giving Cedric dirty looks ever sense I let him in. "Do you know where to get veritaserum?" I asked Sirius,
"Oh I think the twins sell it." He pointed out. why didn't i think of that. i'm the one who makes it.

"Oh, right I forgot." I smiled. Cedric and I slowly sipped on our tea.

Cedric's POV:

I explained what had happened with Leah to Amber. I never wanted to hurt her, ever. This is the worst possible way I could have hurt her.

She had asked how she knew if I was lying or not. that hurt. does she not trust me? i would feel the same if i was in her position. I agreed to drink veritaserum so she could know I wasn't lying.

I could see Sirius giving me dirty looks as I sat down. I didn't blame him, I would be doing the same thing to anyone who hurt her. We slowly drank our tea, not a word spoken by anyone.

Amber's POV:

Cedric and I apparated to Weasley's Wizard Wheezes. The shop was completely empty, because it was the weekend and it was closed. I unlocked the door with my key and walked in. Cedric followed me as I walked to the offices. Fred was sitting in his office with George, filling out the inventory.

"I need a bottle of veritaserum" I told them. They looked up at the same time, their eyes darting to me and then Cedric.
"Is it for the stupid git next to you?" Asked George, looking rather annoyed at Cedric. Fred slightly narrowed his eyes and said it was okay to have a vial.
"Thank you" I said before moving towards the shelves with veritaserum.

I grabbed the vial and walked back to the front of the store. I went behind the counter and put two galleons into the cash register.
"You don't need to do that" George said.
"Too bad, I already did it." I said looking over to him from across the room.

We apparated to our house. I felt my hands get shaky as we walked in. We sat in the kitchen, the table was broken. One of the legs had been clear across the room. I sat at the counter with Cedric next to me.

"Ready?" I asked, handing him the vial. He nodded before swallowing the contents.
"What did Leah tell you after I left." I asked, not being able to meet his eyes.
"We argued and she told me she used confundus charms to get in and distract me, and a lust potion to make me black out and make out with her." Cedric said immediately.

okay he's not lying.

"Do you love me!" I asked, finally looking at him.
"Yes, I love you more than I've loved anyone." He admitted.
"Oh thank merlin!" I said, feeling the weight in my chest lift.

I pulled him into a tight hug. I missed him. He immediately hugged me back, wrapping his arms around my waist.

"I love you." I said, the tears running down my cheeks.
"I love you darling." He said, sniffling slightly.

i'm his darling.

he's my love.