Ch. 35 Facing the Leader!

Ash: "Hurry up Pikachu!"

Pikachu: "Pika!"

3rd pov: Currently our boy's were rushing through route 1 so they could get to Slateport in time, according to Dawn and May the Grand festival had started earlier than expected and if Ash didn't get there today he'd miss it......

Ash: "Just..... a bit.... further!" The things I do for friends.....

Pikachu: "Pika!"

3rd pov: Finally Ash had made it to.....

Ash: "Littleroot town! Dammit let me pull up the map"

Pikachu: "Pika pi?"

3rd pov: Ash, upon realizing the mistake ha had made, instantly slumped down on a tree. Explaining their predicament to Pikachu the small rodent copied it's trainers actions.......

Ash: "Well I guess we won't be making it to their grand festival then......"

Pikachu: "Pika?"

Ash: "No I don't care about the festival....... but...... well I promised both Dawn and May that I'd be there this time and I dunno I guess I just feel like...... I haven't been to good of a friend"

Pikachu: "Pika........ Pika pika!?"

Ash: "No Braviary can't fly us to Slateport I sent him to make sure Scott delivered the letter...."

Pikachu: "Pika?"

Ash: "Oh? Guess I never told ya about that did I? Long story short I wrote a letter to Anabel and-

Pikachu: "Pika?"

Ash: "Yes the same one that can understand what Pokemon are saying. Anyway's I didn't have a way of getting it to Anabel so using technology I sent it to Scott so he could deliver it and I might have......."

Pikachu: "Pika?"

Ash: "Okay I might have sent Braviary alone on a mission to make sure Scott delivered it"

Pikachu: "Pika?"

Ash: "Oh, I showed Braviary an image of him and told Braviary of his general location"

Pikachu: "Pika!"

Ash: " I'm sure Braviary's fine, besides I think Houndoom has been enjoying some alone time...."

Pikachu: "Pika"

Ash: "Really? I kinda wanted to sit here for a bit long-"

Pikachu: "Pika!"

Ash: "Fine your right, we probably should get moving. There must be someone in littleroot who can give us a lift...."

3rd pov: Reaching the boundaries of the small town Ash couldn't help but notice the smell of burnt wood in the air, the deadly quietness of the woods around him, both Ash and Pikachu mentally got ready for anything though what they saw no one could be prepared for......

Ash: "Why is...... why is everything on fire?!"

Pikachu: "Pika!"

Ash: "You're right! Come on out Dewott!"

3rd pov: At first Dewott looked visibly confused but quickly realized what was going on and got to work on putting out the fire that engulfed the town. After awhile Ash realized something...... No one was here! No screaming for help, no evacuations, nothing! Just the scent of ash and smoke.....

Ash: "Something isn't right here......"

Pikachu: "Pika"

Ash: "No team magma and aqua disbanded years ago....... but I should have backup just in case something goes wrong....